‘Twas the week of the Writeoff, and all through the forum, the writers all exercised proper decorum. A last-minute editing pass to keep the formatting steady and that sense of publisher’s-guilt meant their entries were ready. With anonymity intact and excitement in the air, it was certain to be a glorious affair. Everyone hustled to read and to write their reviews, and to arrange their slates in whatever order they choose. Reviews were bound to come in many shapes and sizes, from critiques and reactions, to haikus and surprises. Now, the Writeoff was definitely a strange place to be, with many strange characters as far as the eye could see. From great, big dragons to bunnies so small, it was a wonder they could reach any agreement at all. There was Fan Of Most Everything, who, in pursuit of perfection, would likely end up reviewing the entire collection. And then there’s Cold in Gardez— well-known for his skill. When it comes to winning medals, he most likely will. Everyone wondered what Trick Question would write about next. Whatever it was likely involved gender or sex. The Titanium Dragon emerged from his cave and gave all the others a nice little wave. Then he sized up the stories with a gleam in his eye, and wrote his reviews to help the time pass by. And just over the horizon came a pegasus of orange to see what’d been written and—uh… um… And just over the horizon came an orange pegasus pony who definitely wasn’t a changeling or phony. And there are still other writers who had achieved Writeoff-fame, and with new entrants every time, there are too many to name. So, what brings together this odd collection of peers, to share in crying and laughter, to ring out all these cheers? The Writeoff is a contest; this, no one denies. And yet it was also so much more in their eyes. It brought them all together— the seasoned and the green, and all the other writers who fell in-between. To join together in the sense of being something more; to share their thoughts and ideas about a show they adore. So when the medals are awarded and the reflections are all through, each writer walks away having learned something new. It was the magic of friendship, and by its guiding light, Merry Writeoff to all, and to all, enjoy the site.