I. Becoming sober, waking after years Of wallowing, the inner absolute Authoritarian of laughs and tears, Involves some effort. Shouting, "You, there! Shoot!" Will [i]not[/i] provoke a gun to blast away When power's gone and left you destitute. The virt-cha-world I ruled? Denounced as play! Abandoned! Now I face reality And call it quite the sweetest holiday. The former pressure? Pure monotony! Within my sphere, my subjects never blink Unless I say. It lacks democracy. Imaginary creatures seldom think, Will starve until I tell them "eat!" or "drink!" II. Unhealthy. Codependent. Truly blind. The introvert's dilemma: choose control Of something false? Or peer beyond to find A solid place where science spreads its soul, Where flower scent begins and textures dwell, Where food has crunch, and music, rock and roll. I haven't slept in days, of course. It's Hell! Explosive revelations flood my eyes With images I once would just dispel. It takes a pill or two to blunt my sighs, Convincing every flinching thought, "Relax. Of [i]course[/i] the situation horrifies! "Causality's in charge! The truth attacks And leaves us gasping flat upon our backs!" III. Pretend is lovely, yes, I will admit. To wrap myself eternally in dreams Compelled my thoughts for decades. Then I quit. I smelled myself in flowing, fragrant streams, Reflected faces popping everywhere, Philosophies the same despite regimes. I need the other, need to blankly stare At someone else's way of thought and deed From civil rights to how I comb my hair. Opinions all display a certain greed, A wish to lodge in every human brain. To fight that tendency's my current need. So out I crash! My knees and ankles sprain! I'll know the outer world or go insane!