Cole rubbed his hands together and blew into it. He was thankful that he was wearing gloves. Whatever body heat he had left, he was going to need it. However, he knew all too well that the gloves wouldn't serve their use for much longer. Oft times, he would work quickly to get in and get out as his hands started to feel the bite of Jack Frost. He glanced at his watch, fresh ice forming on its face. Thirty minutes since the trouble began. His fingers started to throb underneath the thick leather. He lifted a glove up to his mouth. His breath lent a little grace as hot air circulated his glove for a second or two before it too turned and froze over. His breaths, clumps of clouds that floated above then fell as they sublimated almost instantly. He looked around at the grated shelves of frozen food stacked around him and way overhead. He brushed the frost away from one label, and read ‘32 ounce Ahi: Keep Frozen’. There was something wrong with the freezer. He only spent 2 minutes grabbing boxes, but upon trying to open the door, fate deemed him as the lucky guy to find the knob on his side frozen shut. His boss had no problem with him leaving the door open. It was his parents that condoned that habit, telling to shut the refrigerator, freezer, garage, back door. Who knew that would be the end of him? He shriveled up in the corner of the freezer, rocking himself in fetal position, trying to keep warm. [hr] His eyelashes fluttered open. The tips had gathered a thin sheet of speckled dust, the corners of his eyes were welded shut by the freezer’s work. He remembered something. In an airtight bag in the meats, there were oxidizing packets. Whenever he would cut a bag open, he would toss those tiny packets and put the bag in recycling. When he was taking out the trash, he recalled that those packets heated up. Not all of them, but some of them. He searched the shelves, trying to recognize the boxes underneath the frost. HIs hands were aching, but he didn’t care. At this point, he needed to take any chance he had. On top of the third shelf, about 3 meters above him, he spotted the stacked boxes. He glanced around, trying to find any ladder. Alas, as luck had it, the ladders were left outside the freezer. The boss had problems keeping ladders in the freezer since ice formed on the steps and presented a hazard. He gritted his teeth and pulled a hand onto the rung of the first shelf. He mustered any grip he could with his fingers that felt like they’d been restrained by a million cold rubber bands. One shelf, after another, he pulled himself up. For the first moment in his life, he finally respected why his gym teachers insisted on pull-ups. He screamed, reaching for the third and final shelf, when he finally got up, He heard a sound of thunder. He looked to his right, panting and catching his breath while he lay on top of the shelf. The door shook. Chunks of frost fell off the sides. After another pull, the door swung open. “...And this is why you never leave a cart in front of the door, Mike.” His boss barked at his co-worker. Cole felt a burn of anger inside of him. Was that the reason why the door was so hard to open? Somebody blocked it? His boss clicked his tongue. “Cole, why are you up there?” “Trying to get… the… heat packets… sir.” Cole panted. “Those don’t have heat packets… they are only for the twenty degree rooms.” his boss explained. “Also, why didn’t you use the Bard Inc. Scanner? It has wifi and connects to the system’s chat!” “I didn’t know… they... had that.” Cole finally caught his breath. “You rookies really need to pay attention to meetings.” Mike said. “Mike’s right.” His boss added. He turned to his coworker. “Ugh.. Mike go get the ladder, we need to get him to medical staff.” Cole breathed a breath of frustration. “Looks like we have to reset the counter for days without an accident.” His boss growled again. “But it’s good we found you in time. I don’t think a Cole Popsicle is very appetising.” Cole chuckled. “Next time, don’t close the door, kid.” his boss chuckled back.