“You’re drunk.” “No? No I’m not drunk, Joey, [i]you’re[/i] drunk!” “One of us has to drive, Gen,” Joseph flatly points out. Fingers anxiously drumming against the steering wheel, he sneaks a quick glance over to the short, sprightly bundle of septic joy that is his little sister in time to catch her pulling out yet another bottle from underneath the passenger seat. “Jesus, how many of those do you have in here?” “Enough.” With a pop of the cork, the gurgles of a drowning goose fill the rattling car. “Green light.” His sigh immediately gets lost in the sputters of the roaring engine. “Can’t believe we’re actually doing this.” “Damn right we are.” “Just remember that if we get caught, this was your dumb idea.” “Hey, I’m drunk, not dumb,” Gen chortles with a hiccup and a playful slap at his arms. “Plus, we have experience, I’m pretty sure we won’t get caught!” “We’re not kids anymore, Gen. We’re not as fast as we were before. Not to mention you look like you can barely stand up, much less run.” “Fuck you, Joey!” “Fuck you, Gen!” “Not if I fuck you first!” “Okay, fuck, you’re really drunk.” “No I’m not!” She takes another swig from her bottle, only to realize it was empty. “Okay, fuck, maybe I am.” With that knowledge, Gen winds down the window and flings the bottle out, cackling as it shatters against the pavement. “Fuck’s sake.” “Shut up. Keep driving.” Joseph does just that, all the while wondering to himself how it all went wrong. It wasn’t the first time they’ve done something like this together, having once dabbled in the littlest of local crimes. As the years went by, however, he became the epitome of a success story, with a fancy job and a wife and two kids, never once looking back at everything he left behind. Never once caring about all that transpired while he was away. And now, he’s sauntering across a cemetery with drunk sister in one hand and a sledgehammer in the other. It’s insanity, what they’re about to do. Nevertheless, she deserved her moment of catharsis, especially after everything she had to go through. It’s the only way he knew how to make up for the years he had spurned her, as wrong as her methods may be. They quickly come upon a pair of gravestones, the one on the right their target. Joseph bites his lip as they approach it. On the other hand, the sapphire daggers in Gen’s glare is at its sharpest, the same which could be said for her grin. “Hey Dad,” she speaks up. “It’s me. Joey’s here too.” Joseph gives the grave a wave. “Thought I’d stop by to pay you a visit for old’s time sake. A visit from Daddy’s little girl in the middle of the night, your favorite. Oh, and don’t worry about Joey here. I told him everything.” Joseph clenches his fist. “Everything.” “Down to the tiniest little detail~” she hums. Her grin fades immediately afterward. “Sledgehammer.” “Here.” “You like playing rough, don’t you Dad?” Gen grips onto the wooden handle. “Then you’re gonna love this.” Every swing she dishes out seethes with the fury of a Norse god. Every crack of the stone, her laughter soars into the stars. “You like that, Dad?!” she screams midway. “You like burning in hell, you sack of shit?!” One particularly strong swing later, the gravestone falls over with a thud. To that, Gen pumps a fist and lets out a triumphant roar down onto her father’s grave. Only to double over and unload her Thanksgiving dinner. “Fucking hell, Gen!” Joseph lunges over to help her up. “Told you you’re drunk.” “Sh-Shut up,” she growls amid her coughs, before smiling up at him. “Did I do good?” “You did better, in fact.” Joseph can’t help but smirk. “Pretty sure puking wasn’t on the agenda.” “I’d piss on it instead, but you’re here.” Wiping her sweat and turning back to the defaced grave, Gen spits on it for good measure. “Happy Thanksgiving, Dad. Hope you enjoy the turkey, dipshit.” The deed done, brother and sister waddle their way back to the car. “Just so you know,” Joseph speaks up midway, “you didn’t have to puke on Mom’s grave as well.” Gen furrows her brows. “Mom was kind of a bitch though.” Joseph pauses. “She kinda was, wasn’t she?” he remarks, snickering alongside her even as her grin widens. “So, same thing next Thanksgiving?”