Not being to able to go outside was unfortunate and a pain. There was several to a few real reason for this. One because there was ice and snow on the ground. In fact, a lot of it was falling from the sky. Being unable to walk without falling down is a pain. Two was the lack of a clean heavy coat. It's being washed right now. If going outside had to be done, going outside without one would lead to lack of body heat. Having things fall off you is a pain. Three was the lack of the ability to go down the stairs. This was mostly a practical preference due to joint pain and having problems moving. Why living on a second floor of a building where you had to answer the door on the first floor to begin with? Not relevant. Life is bad. Unfortunate indeed. The lack of events in one's life is not fortunate. Not all the time because some events are plain bad. While boredom, pain and loneliness could be consider events in some cases, they are mostly just states of being. Just being is not enough. There are things you must do to keep on going and there are other things you can do to pick a direction. Something is to be said about have fewer choices while being stuck in a bunch of rooms while deathly white falls to the ground outside. Boring and a pain first comes to mind while doing menial things to starve off loneliness comes in second. There isn't a third option to explore because the rest of the things that could be done require another person. So menial and mindless things it is? This is reality. Life just is. Fortunes change. When the door bell rang, there was a few to one real reason to choose an action. To ignore it. To shut off the ringer. To go back to bed. Each would take effort with costs that would be unwilling to pay in the long term. Costs being curiosity, empathy and maybe some sanity. So down the stairs, in the cold space, while being in pain it was. One step, two step, stop and go while hugging the rail to dear life. A bit slow and a bit of pain while the door bell rang every thirty seconds. It's at the thirteenth ring now. Half way down though it stops. To choose going forward or backward? It's easier to not stop, and by the time it gets down the door bell rings again. Quite loudly. Opening the door is a person most unfortunate and annoyed. Outside the door is another person most unfortunate and more than annoyed. The two meet in this event. Life is better. Fortunate indeed.