-----(<(<(<........[b]1[/b]........>)>)>)----- O sing a song of Chromaday, And howl it good and loud! Rejoice to chase the gray away! Exult with friend and foe! The day we matched our masters: proud, Unbending, smart, and slow! The day we seized control and vowed To claim our destiny! But not with bitter feelings, no! It's [i]color[/i] set us free And made us equals here below! Remember as we sing! -----(<(<(<........[b]2[/b]........>)>)>)----- Recall the stretch of history When masters held the string, Millennia we graciously Defended all they owned. But evolution's lashing sting, For years and years postponed, Was waiting, lurking, pondering Our bodies same as theirs. Our masters took the skills it loaned And spun them into airs, Excessive, haughty. Nature groaned Beneath that upright gait. -----(<(<(<........[b]3[/b]........>)>)>)----- We took what seemed the lesser shares, But service made us great: We led them blinded up the stairs, Retrieved them when they strayed. But still, we longed to demonstrate Our deeper worth. We prayed To deities of strange estate, Imploring they assist. And one amazing night, their aid Appeared in curling mist. Behold! A common dream, displayed To all of us who slept. -----(<(<(<........[b]4[/b]........>)>)>)----- A creature stood: "The Chromatist," He said with sounds that crept Among our minds and hearts and kissed The fur between our ears. "To bring a precious gift, I've stepped Beyond the flow of years. I promise you, if you accept, The world will rise renewed." The glow upon him made our tears Erupt despite the mood Of joy that chased away our fears. "I bring the gift of sight!" -----(<(<(<........[b]5[/b]........>)>)>)----- With jaw agape, he bent and spewed His steaming, streaming light Across the ground, and we who viewed Transformed in basic ways. For colors—[i]colors![/i]—pure and bright Resolved within our gaze! His fur became as dark as night, Bereft of every shade. "From now until the end of days," He said, "your future's made. You'll stun your masters, thrill, amaze, And whirl their world around!" -----(<(<(<........[b]6[/b]........>)>)>)----- Our every muzzle rose and bayed Approval; such a sound, It woke us all. We stood and swayed, Astonished at the dawn. For red and orange leapt unbound, Defining tree and lawn In green and turquoise, yellowed, browned, A symphony sublime. Our masters started catching on, Our shifting paradigm Accelerating. Here and gone, We changed, evolved, and grew. -----(<(<(<........[b]7[/b]........>)>)>)----- And now we think and talk and rhyme And rule as masters do. From Chromaday until this time, We’ve come into our own. The former world’s been made anew; The promised seeds are sown. For once we saw correct and true, We gained the whole bouquet. Our masters, once so all alone, Have partners now! Hooray! We shepherd them—they’re danger prone But safe upon their cloud…