the universe is too damn big. way too damn big. have you been to a dark sky park at night? stars stars stars stars stars, each a sun, all flecks of white dye, dying against emptiness. how could anything be so vast? the universe is too damn big. it’s an ocean, (lost at sea) the stars can’t guide you, because they’ve got their own lives. they’re busy and they’ve got work and weddings and graduations and they’re leaving you behind. there’s just too much of it; don’t be selfish! because there’s not enough of it either. think about those less fortunate than you, and be happy with what you think you have. the fucking universe is big, and it doesn’t really particularly pay very much attention to you. … the nagging feeling take a drink, reset, cover it up. go to sleep, reset, cover it up. get a routine, reset, cover it up. … the nagging feeling that you don’t matter cover it up cover it up cover it up, a layer of perfectly smooth whiteout. it’s like you couldn’t tell it was ever there. beneath. ennui is a word that assholes and french philosophers and weak people use. the nagging feeling isn’t there if you don’t think about it. the universe is too damn small, it’s too crowded in here, let me out, let me out, LET ME OUT. the universe is too small because why else wouldn’t there be a place for me that wasn’t already taken? whatever size the universe is, it’s clearly not the fucking right one. i should have been consulted. (my opinion matters, damn it.) people are the words we speak and think and ponder and hear and i take whiteout and just cover up the nasty words. but i’m starting be afraid that all these words i’m covering up actually are beginning to mean something about me. how many layers of whiteout does it take to ruin a page?