[b]Those two.[/b] [i]Really, them?[/i] [b]Yes.[/b] [i]You're positive?[/i] [b]...[/b] [i]Fiiiine.[/i] Cadance's targets were on the opposite side of the cafeteria, meandering their way toward the staff lounge with a group of fellow teachers. The Unicorn stallion, Gentle Glow, taught remedial magic and frequently tutored students after hours—Cadance had spent quite a bit of time with him catching up on years of previously unnecessary instruction—and the Earth Pony mare a few paces behind him taught... Social Studies, maybe? "Little nudges," she murmured to herself. Her wings twitched as she called magic into her horn—a tic she found more annoying by the day, but would, she hoped, eventually grow out of—and set it to task. Across the room, Gentle Glow, face buried in a stack of levitating papers, failed to notice the leftover balloon from Nightmare Night find its way to the ground in front of him. The pop made him shriek like a filly and jump backward, tossing his papers everywhere. The mare, fortunately, didn't seem to mind at all having him bump into her. Even from so far away and over the surprised yelps of other children, Cadance could hear her laughing as she helped him pick up his mess. [i]That's it?[/i] [b]The Threads of Fate are now tied.[/b] [i]I think I'm getting pretty good at this.[/i] [b]So it was written in the stars when Time was young.[/b] [i]Do you have to finish every conversation like that?[/i] [hr] Cadance lingered at her locker after grabbing her "Intermediate Ethical Thaumaturgy" book and watched her classmates walk through the halls. [i]I thought there would be more Threads the closer we got to Hearts and Hooves day, but I don't see any more than normal.[/i] [b]Your perception requires further refinement.[/b] "I'm doing my best out here, jerk." "Uhh, I'm sure you are," came a voice from a few lockers down. "Oh! Shining Armor, hey. I was just... talking out loud. Sorry." Cadance's eyes darted around searching for, and failing to find, any better followup excuse. Shining Armor closed his locker and looked at her, his muzzle scrunched up in thought. "Isn't that how everypony talks?" "...Yes?" "Okay. Good talk." Shining Armor rubbed the back of his neck. "See you around," he said as he started off to class. "Wait!" Cadance half yelled, maneuvering herself in front of him. "Do you have your eye on anypony special for Hearts and Hooves Day?" "Heh, well... there is this one mare in my Maths class. She's pretty great, you probably don't know her, but she—" Cadance half listened to him carry on about his crush while she concentrated on the thread protruding from Shining's chest. It came out directly toward her for a few inches before making a hairpin turn toward... Cadance didn't care who or where. It wasn't her, and that's all that mattered. [i]If Threads can be tied, doesn't that also mean...[/i] [b]No.[/b] [i]They can be cut? Re-tied?[/i] [b]Do not attempt this.[/b] [i]But I really like him. I've helped so many ponies find love, don't I deserve a shot, too?[/i] [b]You are a courier of Fate, not an Author.[/b] [i]What's the worst that could happen?[/i] [b]Cadenza—[/b] Cadence called up her magic, heart racing and wings twitching for the first time in a few years, and grabbed at Shining's Thread. She closed her eyes, then, with surprisingly little effort, snapped it, and pulled the end close to herself. "Whoa," Shining Armor said looking down and rubbing a hoof against his chest. "Did I have something on my coat?" When he looked up at Cadence again his cheeks flushed and his ears twitched. "I got it," she replied. "Just a loose thread."