"Alright, everypony!" Applejack's amplified voice sounded from the magic-infused megaphone, where she was situated high up on a makeshift wooden platform. "We've reached the final round of our very first Sweet Apple Acres Juice Launcher Contest! Congratulations to the eight ponies for making it to the final round!" A cheer echoed from the mass of ponies that stood at the fence. Most had been present all day; a couple of the onlookers were still covered in sticky juice from their participation in the games. Among the most recently eliminated, Carrot Top had fallen to a surprise dive-bomb soak from Rainbow Dash, and Bon Bon found herself in a juicy puddle when Fluttershy had surprised her from behind a tree. "So listen up, y'all. This final round is going to work a bit differently," Applejack continued. "The final eight will be scrambled into four teams of two. These teams will be guided by Big Mac to random locations within a small fenced-off section of Sweet Apple Acres. The last pony standing takes the golden apple." Applejack smirked. "That's right, everypony. There's only [i]one[/i] golden apple. Will you betray your teammate with a juicy surprise right off the bat? Or will ya wait to catch 'em off-guard during a scuffle with another team? Only one way to find out! Big Mac!" "Eeyup!" yelled Big Mcintosh before pulling open the barn door. The four teams trotted out in their respective orders with juice launchers either strapped to their side or levitated in the air; first came Lyra Heartstrings and Rainbow Dash, followed by Pinkie Pie and Octavia, Twilight Sparkle and Vinyl Scratch, and Fluttershy and Derpy Hooves. "The orchard is open," Applejack said. "Good luck, everypony!" "Alright, your highness. Here's the plan." Vinyl Scratch had her hooves outstretched to demonstrate her tactics in the growing darkness of the trees. "I figure three trees will be enough for both of us to juice up to optimal levels. Once we have enough to finish off every single pony in here, including each other, we set out." Twilight snickered. "I agree, although I have a feeling the others are thinking the exact same thing." She motioned towards the closest tree. "You work on this one. I'll get the other two, and remember: we can't use magic to pick them down." "What in tarnation?!" Applejack's voice echoed. "Pinkie Pie double-crossed Octavia right off the bat! She's out!" Vinyl let loose a laughter, and the two had gathered a good amount of apples and were juicing up when Vinyl spoke next. "So what's the deal with all this? Like, it's a lot of fun, but isn't it bad to waste all these apples?" Twilight laughed. "Don't you remember? Applejack explained that the harvest had been so big this year that she saved some trees for a little town-wide surprise. I don't think there's any harm in it." "Hmm," Vinyl replied. "Well, works for me. I mean, did you [i]see[/i] that golden apple? It's going right next to the Iron Mare Den [i]Trotting Free[/i] record I have on my-" "Shhh!" Vinyl silenced at Twilight's command as two silhouettes approached from the trees. "...Normally I'd be downing this like some mad cider-obsessed pony, but getting others soaked in the stuff is just too much fun!" "It is quite enjoyable," Lyra replied. "It's as if the juicing invigorates a spark within our hearts, giving birth to a sun within the depths of our-" "Yes, you teach philosophy. I get it," Rainbow Dash droned. "Wait! Did you hear that?" Lyra's magical glow illuminated the branches, and her golden eyes met Twilight's. "Straight ahead! It's-" A pink blur flew out from the trees, soaking Rainbow and Lyra in a juicy whirlwind. "Hi Dashie!" Pinkie said amidst their disgusted cries. "Pinkie's on a roll! Rainbow Dash and Lyra are out!" "Let's go, Vinyl!" Twilight and Vinyl jumped out of the bushes and rushed forward with levitated launchers. "Twilight! Hi!" A stream of juice shot towards Twilight, but she teleported to the right. Vinyl covered Pinkie in an orange shower, and Twilight caught glimpse of Fluttershy quietly pattering to the scene. "Sorry, Fluttershy!" Twilight gave her a taste of her juice, and the two horned ponies stood to meet their final adversary. Derpy flew in and grabbed Fluttershy's launcher, filling both unicorns in an inferno of deliciousness. "Wow! What an amazing display of dual-aiming! Derpy wins, everypony! That night, thanks to her independent eyes, Derpy took home the golden apple.