“I challenge you… to a goof off!” The finality of their escalating argument finally reached its peak. “No, that wouldn’t be fair,” said Pinkie, angry but amused. “Because you know I’d win?” said Discord, somehow able to contort his face into looking like both a sneer and a smile at the same time. “Not that! It’s because your kind of magic can do crazy stuff that I can’t.” “You think I have an unfair advantage?” said Discord, stroking the hairs on his chin. “I think I could beat you even if our roles were reversed!" And with a snap of his talons, Pinkie Pie was replaced by a pink draconequus, her cotton candy mane bouncing in between a jackalope antler and an elephant tusk. Both of her hummingbird wings flapped hundreds of times per minute as she stared transfixed at her new body, her brief look of horror turning into manic glee as she thought of all the party possibilities. A black maned, gray earth pony, his eyes full of the same enthusiasm, grinned at his latest creation. Pinkie looked at a tree near her and snapped a hippogriff talon, the beautiful green leaves absorbing the fresh sunlight suddenly turning bright pink. She reached out and grabbed a leaf, the cherry flavored white chocolate dancing in her mouth. Discord reached his hooves into an intangible nether and brought out a pair of springy horseshoes, attaching them to his hooves and bouncing up to the hovering temporary master of chaos. “I’ll still,” he said at the peak of his first jump, landing on the grass below and springing upwards again, “win!” Pinkie smiled a toothy grin, “Did you give me [i]all[/i] your powers?” He jumped higher before landing in the tree, the chocolaty foliage making his coat sticky. “Yes, and I’ve taken all of yours, and you'll reverse us back after the goof-off, of course.” Pinkie Pie giggled, “Okie dokey artichokey.” [hr] Twilight, excited to stock the last few books of her new library, opened up the last box, only for it to spout streamers and party paraphernalia as a gray stallion with a tornado cutie mark and a pink draconequus burst forth, a silly song blasting from the very crystals of her palace. “Y’see Pinkie and I had a little contention,” sang the gray pony, grabbing several of the books on animals and starting to juggle them, animal noises escaping each one as they landed in his hooves. “If we had a goof-off, who would get the most attention?” sang the pink draconequus, singing from the mouth of an enormous marble Twilight statue, the entire thing covered in wings of all sorts and sizes from various species. “But our abilities just weren’t the same,” crooned the stallion, tossing a stick of dynamite into the mouth of the statue, the entire thing exploding in a cloud of streamers and balloons. “So we reversed them, for the sake of the game." The slender pink maned creature clapped her platypus foot together with her dragon talons, a beach party surrounding the trio, hundreds of other ponies somehow already in attendance, Twilight's muzzle scrunching as some of the books were drenched in the salty waves. Discord bounced above a volleyball net, spiking down several large water balloons, “So pay close attention in all this, Twilight.” “You’ve got to tell us who deserves to win this fight,” crooned Pinkie, smiling gleefully as she made all the sand turn into tiny bouncy balls, every step taken by the beach clad partygoers bouncing them into the air and knocking against some of the bookshelves still around, causing them to start to teeter and fall. “So sit back, relax and enjoy a good show,” said Discord, jumping into the volleyball net and launching himself forward. “Because we’re gonna—“ “STOP!” Twilight yelled as she regained her wits and cast an immobilization spell around her entire castle. “Hey, we barely finished the first stanza, you can't announce a winner already!” Twilight stared at the strange creatures in front of her, picking one at random, “Congratulations Pinkie, you won the goof off!” she said, her fake smile reaching up to her ears. Discord stared at the ground sheepish, before he pulled a lit lightbulb out of nowhere and left it to float above his head. “How about best two out of three? We’ll see if Rarity and Rainbow Dash agree.” “Deal!” giggled Pinkie, snapping her talons and teleporting away all traces they were there.