The pillar. It’s empty. Why is it empty? When I was here, it was full. It was full of someone, someone who was bitter and cold, but also important. I know he’s important, because whenever the white horse comes to visit me, she stares at the creature and the creature stares back. She never stares at any of the other horrible creatures the way she does with this one, no matter how ugly some of them look. A strange feeling always comes over me when it happens, but it quickly goes away after she pets me a bit and gives me a special treat for helping guard the prisoners. Sometimes I catch her glancing back as she flies out of the cavern, but those times she seems more sad than mad. I never really understood why she felt like that, but at the end of the day, I feel like I wasn't really supposed to either. My noses made their way to the top of the stone tower that kept the creature, the putrid smell still makes me gag like always, and I determine that the creature must have left only a short while ago. The two cuffs meant to chain its legs were shattered, whether by the creatures own power or another mysterious force I don’t know, the fact is it’s gone. All three heads whined with agitation as I plopped down in the once filled pillar. My mind was blank, nothing like this had ever happened before, and I had no idea what to do. Do I escape again to chase after him? Would the white horse be mad if I left on purpose? Could I warn the small purple pony about what had happened? Would any of the smaller ponies even listen to me? My heads began to spin from the questions, no matter how hard I tried no single answer came to me. Soon I was on my side, howling form a mixture of pain and anguish. The white horse would surely never come visit me again now that I had let someone escape, and who knows what kind of horror the horrible staring creature would do to Equestria? I stared at the chains by my paws, eager to take out my frustration I bat them with my huge paws, causing both to fly out of the pillar and crack into many pieces on the hard stone floor. A feral roar escapes the middle head, with the other two joining in shortly afterwards. I leapt from the pillar, smashing into the broken chains and breaking them into even tinier pieces. Energy flowed through me as I found joy in destroying the one thing that mocked me in existing. A renewed sense of duty awoke inside me, even if not all the prisoners were in the prison, it was still my job to watch all of them. I couldn't let one escapee cause me to falter, otherwise even more prisoners would escape, and then no one would respect me as a guard dog ever again. I shook my pelt, and padded off. There were prisoners to guard, and I was the only one capable of doing it. I didn't even bother to clean away the chains, they couldn't even be distinguished from the plain stone floor anymore.