Trixie took a deep breath and opened the door. The small room was filled more with music than furniture. The old yellow mare in the bed squinted her eyes and took a few seconds to recognize the newcomer. Trixie herself had a hard time recognizing her own grandmother. Has she always been that old and scrawny? When was the last time that they had seen each other? Too many years, probably. " Hello grandma. " said Trixie. " Trixie? Oh, I'm so happy to see you! " The young mare sat on a stool and looked around. She couldn't even find a spot where to hang her hat, so she just put it on the bed. A sense of emptyness filled the place, diminished only by the lovely song playing on the gramophone. She was so used to her clutter-filled wagon that she felt uneasy staying in that room. Her grandmother slowly shifted on her flank and groaned trying to reach the bedside table where stood the gramophone. Trixie used her magic to stop the loud music. " You've always been good with magic, " said the old earth pony, shifting back to a more comfortable position to talk. " It's just basic levitation spell. " Trixie rolled eyes. "How are you? What happened? " " Oh, it's nothing honey. " " You fainted for no reason, I wouldn't call it nothing. " said Trixie. " It's the cold it is. Wears you down all day, that's all. Doctor says I should make less efforts, and I'll be fine. " That wasn't what the doctor told Trixie. [i] It'll only be worse from now on. I suggest you spend more time with her [/i], he said. " Really, hon, you shouldn't have come. You have more important things to do than waste your precious time with your old boring grandmother. What if they need you in Canterlot?" " It's fine. I'm sure they don't need me." " What if there's an emergency? What if there is a monster attack? They can barely handle any problem without you." " Grandma I, uhm... " Trixie sighed. " I put a defensive spell. " The old mare smiled. She seemed to caress her with her eyes. " You've always been so brilliant, Trixie. I knew you would become great. Princess Celestia must be proud of you. One day you will learn how to raise the moon just as she does. It's your destiny, I know it." " You mean the sun? Princess Luna raises the moon. " " Who? " " Princess Luna. You know who Princess Luna is, right? " she asked. " Of course I do, silly. I know how many princesses there are. I just got confused that's all. " Somehow Trixie didn't feel reassured. They both stood in awkward silent for a moment. She had to tell her. Tell the truth. Before she could find the courage to speak, grandma broke the silence. " Tell me a story. One of your adventures. " For maybe the first time in her life, Trixie felt uneasy about showing off. " I've read all the letters you sent me. " said grandma. " I always look forward to reading them. Did you defeat any other dragon since that time in Las Pegasus? " " Grandma I, uhm... I have to tell you something. " She couldn't bare to look at her. " I lied. I never did those things I wrote in the letters. " " What do you mean? " As she turned her head, Trixie saw the fear creeping on grandma's face. And suddenly the doctor's words filled her head. [i] Who knows? It may take months, maybe years. [/i] " Er... it wasn't a dragon. It was a manticore. " " What's the difference? You should be proud, Trixie. You've kept your promise, do you remember? " " Yes I do. I promised you I'd become a great and powerful unicorn someday. And here I am. The great and powerful Trixie."