Chrysalis glares at me, menace in her eyes, “What did you say to me, [i]drone?[/i]” [i]The hive buzzed with excitement, for the Queen had planned a speaking today, the first in quite a while. Many younger drones did a few twirls in the air with giddy anticipation while the elders barked at them to stop in raspy tones. As I made my way over to the speaking hall, I couldn't help but give my wings an extra buzz as well. Whatever it was our Queen was going to say, it was going to be important, that was for sure.[/i] My body shrinks back as I instinctively start to go into a more submissive position. Chrysalis is angry, no doubt, but what can I say to appease her? [i]I found an empty seat next to some drones who seemed to be roughly my age. They issued a gruff hello before turning back to one another and mumbling about this and that. I simply stared ahead, anxious for the speech to start.[/i] “W-Well, you see, my Queen-” I begin to speak, but get cut off by an hoof slamming down mere inches from my quivering body. The drones who stayed next to me out of curiosity quickly flee the scene. [i]Just as the changelings next to me started to raise their voices, a guard flew up to the large white pillar in the center of the room. Taking a deep breath, he let out an ear shattering screech which echoed across the circular room. Any changeling talking was immediately silenced and soon obediently sitting still in their seat. The guard held a smirk before clearing his throat once more and announcing the Queen’s arrival.[/i] Chrysalis sneers, “Oh, I’m sure you have a [i]lovely[/i] explanation, but do you really think I want to hear it now?” She beckons to the nearby guards, “Take him to a cell!” [i]The crowd stamped their hooves, whistling as Queen Chrysalis makes her grand entrance. She basks in the praise of the crowd, her face contorting into one of pleasure, with a satisfied grin covering her face as the applause died down. “My little changelings,” her voice cooed, “I have a little surprise for you…”[/i] Two of the more muscled guards slam into me, crushing my lungs and assuring that no part of my body is left open for a wild punch or kick. Not that I would think to do that in the first place; the chitin armor on the two would more likely break my hoof then leave either unconscious. Throughout my rising panic, I desperately try to choke out a response, but to no avail. Chrysalis is already flying away, quickly giving more orders to the other guards before retreating up above in her special chamber. I have missed my chance to tell her, and for that I will pay dearly. [i]The entire crowd is in awe, a full-scale invasion of Canterlot? Many tales of attempts at city wide invasions have been passed down from elders, but none have seemed as grand as the one Chrysalis was presenting. My fellow drones lick their lips at the thought of such a love feast, and it’s hard to deny the temptation of such a multitude of emotions. But, as I sat in my seat, a rare feeling of uncertainty washed over me. Not even my fake cheers could quiet my rising dread.[/i] A cold, dark cell is now where I sleep. The room is just big enough for me to pace in, and no bigger. Expect for a small slot at the top of the locked door, I am completely cut off from the rest of the hive. It has been two weeks since that day, and I’m certain that I won’t be leaving here anytime soon. I hear hoofsteps. [i]”So who’s with me?” Chrysalis beckons towards the crowd. “Celestia will never see it coming, and neither will the rest of Equestria!” At that they erupted into a wild cacophony of shrieks, cries, and other various sounds that voiced the general feeling of battle. All except for one foolish changeling. That changeling said “No.”[/i] “I’m giving you one last chance,” Chrysalis hissed at me through the tiny slot. “Join me and the rest of the army in the invasion, or die.” I look her straight in the eye. “I’m in.”