It had been a surprise attack. It would have been game over, had they expected us here and sneaked up on us, but they hadn't. Their squad had seemed just as surprised as us. We'd all been minding our own business, me watching for movement in the valley below, Roy and Mark exchanging equipment, and Johnny... doing something or whatever on the top floor of the lonely mountain pass lodge we'd been holed up in. And from one moment to the next, they'd just appeared. Usually Johnny was the first to hear enemies approaching, his headset was the best by far. Usually everyone would hear engine noises from half a map away anyway, but somehow they'd managed to pull up right in front of our house without us noticing. "Car!" shouted Mark, as they already jumped out, and both our teams stared at one another for an eternity or so before all hell broke loose. Mark and me exchanged bullets with two of them, us from our windows, them while running for cover behind a brick wall, Roy threw a grenade too far over their heads, and Johnny... I sure didn't care at that point. I put a few bursts just into the top of their cover, but Mark took one out when he peeked his head above the wall. Only then did Johnny give us a sign of life: "I hear a door, guys. Left door." "On me!" Roy interrupted, but their number three emptied a magazine into him. I turned around and shot him while he was reloading, but it was too late for Roy. "Fuck me," he took it in stride, "Johnny, the wall below. By that bush." With dead Roy spectating him as spotter, and with his elevated position, Johnny managed to take out the second guy behind the wall, and it was over as fast as it had begun. "Their fourth!" Mark shouted, "care for their fourth!" Okay, not exactly over. But I didn't see anyone, heard no more shots, and neither did the others. "Johnny, cover us. We'll check outside." Mark didn't wait for a reply before carefully moving out, and I followed quickly. Something had felt off, I swear, but it didn't hit me until Mark went to check behind their car: "Guys? There's someone still on the back seat." "Shoot him!" Mark shouted, but I didn't comply. "He's not moving. I think he's afk." "He looks afk," confirmed Roy. "Who cares? Shoot him." "You can't just shoot afks, dude!" "His fault for leaving." "But man, imagine you had to leave to get the door. And when you come back you're dead." Johnny had left his post to join us, and soon we were standing around the car, watching the unmoving guy inside. "Imagine you had to leave, and when you come back there's three idiots staring at you," I threw in, and Roy went with it: "Guys, imagine you leave while driving with your squad, and you're still driving when you come back, but with a different one!" "I'd shoot them." "Dude, where's your honor?" "My honorable first place, you mean?" "You're no fun, Mark." We could play to win every round, Roy's idea sounded far more enticing. "Guys, imagine the faces of his teammates! When they're spectating him, and you're taking him with you for a ride!" "Dude!" "He'd just handicap us!" "It'd be amazing!" "No way. We gotta move." "With their car, dude!" "Forget it. We're winning this." Well, we weren't gonna come to an agreement anytime soon. We could have sat there for hours, arguing. But we were running out of time. We did have to move. So, long story short, we shot him.