[i]Have at thee, wretched Sun Raiser![/i] Twilight shuddered. The light drizzle soaking the stones of Canterlot Palace amplified her emotional chill. "Twilight, love, are you here?" [i]Night's vile harridan! I shall be your bane![/i] The voice was hers, but the tone... She couldn't help flinching as the words rolled through her mind. Remain still as hoofsteps rang behind her required effort. Luna's wing draped across her withers, and she measured her breaths. "How much did you see, dearest?" Twilight closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Enough to be scared." Forelegs wrapped around her, pulling her in close. Twilight did not resist. "Do I scare you, Twilight?" Wiping rain from her eyes, Twilight shook her head. Luna cooed and squeezed her. "Tell me what is on your mind, dearheart, and perhaps I can alleviate your fears." "It's just..." Twilight sighed. Talking before thinking wasn't like her. Her emotions clamored for control. She scrubbed at her face again. "What was that, back there?" Luna hummed. "Siblings squabbling. A mere tiff. We have done so before, though we hold back when we know others are present. You were... not meant to see that, Twilight." "Luna, that was not a [i]tiff[/i]." The emotions came rushing up and Twilight breathed, beating them back. "You didn't destroy Celestia's throne, you [i]unmade[/i] it." "And my sister remade it." Luna shrugged. "That's my point." Twilight shook her head. "The energies you and Celestia were throwing around, they're... I've never experienced anything like that." Her breath shuddered. "Twilight, you're a princess now." Luna's nose pressed against her neck. "Such displays of power should not shock the former Element of Magic." It took all Twilight's strength not to pull away. "You've been princesses for hundreds of years. I've been one for..." She squinted. "One year, seven months, twelve days. I've had to adjust to having wings, new responsibilities, ponies looking at me differently... And only now do I realize how much more there is for me to learn?" She rolled her head to the side, watching droplets pool in a low spot. "I've never been afraid of learning. But what I saw back there..." She whipped around to stare into Luna's eyes. "There's so much more to being a princess, to being your lover or even your friend, than I ever imagined. I haven't thought everything through. It frightens me." Luna frowned but did not respond. "You're playing on a whole other level than me, Luna!" Twilight stood, pacing around the balcony, face turned to the wet stone. "I may be a princess, but I don't see the world the way you and Celestia do. Inside, I'm..." She gave half a laugh. "I'm still just a regular old unicorn. A unicorn who can't begin to understand the things she's seen." Turning back to Luna, her heart sank. The other princess's wings brushed the floor. Twilight felt a pull toward her, but resisted. "I do not know if I can truly understand what you are going through," Luna said, voice low. "Relationships are built on understanding. Do you..." Luna's voice broke. "No longer wish to be my lover?" "Luna, I..." Twilight drew in a breath through her teeth and let it back out fully. "Communication builds understanding. Right now, I'm too emotional to communicate effectively." She let out another half-laugh. "I just need to think about things before I answer your question." She stepped forward and placed a hoof on Luna's shoulder. "Don't jump to conclusions before I do. Okay?" Luna looked at her, emotions plainly warring on her face. "I will..." Her voice hitched. "I will give you the space you need. I only hope you return. I cared about you before I loved you, and I shall care about you still, should you decide you no longer love me." Twilight swallowed. "I'll keep that in mind." Her hoof wavered. "Luna..." Luna snorted. "You would not be the first pony to spurn my affections." Twilight should have hugged her. Huge spheres of destructive energy flickered across her memory. It was cold. She shivered. "Don't think less of yourself, Luna. I just need to know that, if I'm going to be a princess, and if I'm going to be... with you, that I'm prepared for everything that entails." Luna lifted her head and assumed a mantle of calmness. "My door is open, when you wish to talk." Luna's held her head high as she left. Twilight though about the word "when".