Twilight stood stock-still in the doorway, her eyes widening as she took in the tower. “This is mine?” the filly asked. I smiled kindly at the young unicorn. “It is indeed,” she said. An enormous glass hourglass dominated the center of the room, gilded with gold on its stand, slowly tipping over as the top finally ran out, inverting itself to count down another hour of the day’s passing. Two empty desks, one for writing and studying on, the other ideal for laboratory work, rested against the wall beneath the stairs that led up to the second and third courses of the room. But I knew what had captured the eye of my new student: rows of books, new and old alike, covering every wall of the room at the tower’s peak. “And I can read all these books?” Twilight managed to tear her eyes away from the bookshelves, giving me a look somewhere between accusing and pleading, as if I had lead her up here in order to play some sort of prank on her. I only barely managed to prevent myself from saying something puckish. “Of course. They are yours to read at your will. Though a few of them might be a bit advanced for a filly your age.” Twilight squared her shoulders. “As long as I have a dictionary to look up any words I don’t know, I can read anything.” I laughed. “That’s the spirit.” I caught a gleam out of the corner of my eye; out the window, I could see the Moon hanging high in the sky over the mountains, the image of my sister’s face burned onto its surface. My smile faded slightly, but I did my best to maintain it. “But not tonight. I’m afraid it’s past your bedtime, if you want to get up and start your lessons first thing in the morning.” “Oh, right. Bedtime.” The filly looked longingly at the books before slowly walking back over to me, dragging her hooves on the floor. “Where is my bedroom, anyway?” My smile grew once more. “Follow me.” I turned towards the stairs that curved around the edge of the room, taking them slowly, glancing back over my shoulder to make sure that Twilight was following. Soon we reached the top, and Twiight’s eyes grew even larger than they had below. “I’m sleeping [i]here?[/i]” she asked, staring at the perfect bed I had ordered brought to the tower earlier that day. “Yes. I thought you might enjoy staying here. Once, long ago, back when Equestria was founded, this room belonged to Clover the Clever, who was herself once the student of the great Starswirl the Bearded.” I nodded toward the huge hourglass. “I thought it was appropriate for the best student since Clover to live here.” I gave Twilight a sly wink. It didn’t have the intended effect. Twilight’s ears drooped, the small unicorn shrinking in on herself. “Don’t make fun of me.” My heart sank in my chest at the sight of her downcast eyes. I knelt down in front of her, reaching down to lift her chin with a hoof so I could look her in the eye. “I was being a little playful, but never doubt yourself. I know you’re just a little filly, but you did something today most grown ponies could only dream of doing. You’re a very special little pony. Don’t forget that.” “I won’t,” she said solemnly, before glancing over towards the bed. She took a few steps towards it, her horn sparking as she pointed it towards the sheets, her head trembling as she tugged them back before climbing up onto the mattress. Glancing down at the covers, her horn sparked again, then fizzled, a few purple sparks raining down on her coat and pillow. Her eyes wrenched shut as she tried again, but her horn remained stubbornly dim. “Here, let me get those for you,” I said, smiling as I lit up my own horn. The sheets glowed with gentle golden light as I tugged them up under her chin, Twilight watching me work my magic with rapt attention. “Thank you,” she said in a small voice, smiling and rolling over onto her side. “Goodnight, my student,” I said down to her as she closed her eyes. “G’night,” she replied sleepily. I only barely stopped myself from nuzzling her that night, all tucked away in her bed. I knew if I just ignored the feeling, it would go away. It didn't.