Refuse to take it! Change the paradigm! Explode exclusion! Stretch that simple 'or' The height and length and breadth of space and time! If 'do or die,' I'll pick another door, Inveigle other options, something more! The universe is massive, so complex, To say the choice is two and not a store Upsets the conscious mind and swamps its decks! Perhaps I'll 'do' and also 'die.' A crime? Or stationary, simply live, ignore Commands that ring an arbitrary chime. I'll back away, investigate, explore, Expand the walls, or burrow through the floor! Gradation's vital, grays that warp and flex The black and white. To see but still deplore Upsets the conscious mind and swamps its decks! Except, of course, philosophy sublime Collides with brick and mortar, falls before The iron fist of social swill and slime. To talk degrees and shades will raise a roar, Collect a mob, and leave you scratched and sore. In politics or fashion, beer or sex, It's 'this or that' despite the way the war Upsets the conscious mind and swamps its decks. So 'do or die.' It holds the very core Of human nature, all it saves and wrecks. Implicit bias reigns from shore to shore, Upsets the conscious mind and swamps its decks...