Rainbow Dash hated introspection. It was like a tornado, all crosswinds and updrafts that took perfectly normal, happy thoughts and tried to dash them to smithereens. Not to mention that they both made it impossible to sleep. “Shucks, Rainbow Dash, you look worse than Fluttershy. Are you okay?” Applejack said, unhelpfully, as she opened Fluttershy’s front door. Much to Rainbow Dash’s annoyance the farm-mare seemed bright and perky, despite the fact she’d been up just as late. “What are you doing here?” Rainbow snapped, ignoring the question. “Where’s Fluttershy?” Applejack just rolled her eyes. “Inside, sugarcube. Ah thought she could do with a friendly face after the whole caboodle last night.” Rainbow Dash’s scowl deepened, and she stopped herself pointing out that Fluttershy was supposed to be [i]her[/i] best friend not Applejack’s. Instead, she pushed her way past the farmpony and called out. “Hey Fluttershy, I wanted to– jeeze!” One could generally tell how stressed Fluttershy was by the number of animals she had within hooves reach. When relaxed she made do with Angel, when stressed... Rainbow shook her head and sighed as she saw the dozens of furry creatures piled around her. “Good day?” Fluttershy blushed. “I... I may have had a teensy [i]nightmare[/i]—” She shuddered at the word. “—But I’m okay. Are you?” “Why do ponies keep asking that!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, throwing up her hooves. “I’m fine. Everypony’s fine. The stupid friendship laser fixed everything and I’m fine. Fine!” She almost punched Applejack when the mare put a hoof on her shoulders but she held herself back trembling with adrenaline. “Sugarcube, you don’t look like you’ve slept a wink and are jumpier than Pinkie Pie on a sugar rush. Why don’t you tell us what’s bothering you?” “What’s bothering me?” Rainbow shot her an incredulous look. “We saved the world last night! Like, from an evil alicorn, with ancient artefacts and the magic of friendship and everything! Does that seem like something that normally happens?” Applejack rolled her eyes. “You seemed okay at the time.” “Duh, I’m awesome,” Rainbow Dash shot back. “And I’d never leave a pony hanging, especially not the Princess. A Princess... Whatever. But now we’re the bearers of the Elements of Harmony or something? Or fated friends? Or, or, or something stupid to do with prophesies! What does that even mean?” She shook her head, twitching with nervous energy. Silently, Fluttershy disentangled herself from her animal pile, walked over to Rainbow and pulled her friend into a hug. Rainbow Dash made no move to stop her. “It's okay, I’m scared too.” Rainbow Dash huffed. “I’m not scared.” She ignored Applejack rolling her eyes at her. “But we all almost died, like, three times last night. Usually the only pony’s life I risk is my own.” Fluttershy squeezed tighter, but seemed content just to hug. Sighing, Applejack took off her hat. “Well, ah can’t confess it was a pleasant night but it's over. And hey, we’re all friends now.” “Really? because I remember us being friendly work colleagues than actual friends.” Applejack shot her a flat look. “Ah think saving the world makes friends with anypony.” “Eh, probably.” “Anyway,” Applejack continued, testily. “There’s no use fretting. Yes we all did something special and, okay, Ah’m personally sick of being told I’m a hero.” A grumble escaped Rainbow. “Right. Everypony in town tried to shake my hoof on the way here today. Half of them don’t even know what we did! Urgh, I was supposed to be famous as a Wonderbolt not for being friends with [i]Twilight Sparkle[/i].” “I’ve already had a dozen ponies visit,” Fluttershy mumbled, shuddering. “And now we’re supposed to stay friends with her,” Rainbow continued. “It’s, like, a royal order. I’m supposed to be out of this town in eight months as soon as I win the Young Flyers competition and get poached by the Wonderbolts. How’s that going to work now if I’ve got Twilight Sparkle holding me back?” Her wings twitched again, as if she was mere moments from flying away never to return. Applejack glanced out of the window. The branches of Ponyville library were just visible over the thatched roofs. “Ah can’t say. But it's a while before it's going to matter. That Twi’ seemed like a sweet girl, if a little lacking in graces, why not give us all a chance before flying away?” Rainbow followed her gaze, rolled her eyes and let out a deep sigh. “Fine. But no more hero stuff till I’m famous.”