“Seriously?” Twilight Sparkle glared at Discord. “Not a thing?” “Well, why should I?” Discord spread his arms wide to encompass the vista of roiling color, sound, and texture. His limbs kept going long after they should’ve stopped. ”I mean, look around!” Twilight’s disembodied head, floating at his eye level, just glared at him. Discord’s lion paw looped back from halfway to the horizon, allowing him to cough into it. “Yes, well, you know what I mean. The point is, even [i]I[/i] couldn’t have produced such incredible chaos!” “She literally [i]broke reality[/i],” said Twilight. ”This isn’t good, Discord.” Discord waved this off. “Oh, it’s not like nopony actually got hurt.” “I lost everything from the neck down!” Twilight’s outburst was enough to make her start spinning. “Ah!” She waggled her ears, trying to stabilize herself, but that just added roll and yaw to the pitch. Adding magic didn’t help, unless making her even dizzier counted as helping. Discord caught her by the horn. “Yes, but you aren’t actually [i]hurt[/i]. No pain, no blood loss, and I’m sure your body is around here somewhere, just as unharmed.” Twilight took a deep breath. This wasn’t getting her anywhere. “Can you fix this?” “Why would I want to?” Discord leaned back on a comfortable shade of blue as earthbergs drifted by overhead. “Well, for one, it’ll shut me up,” Twilight said with a smirk. Discord stroked his beard. “Hmm. Tempting, I must admit.” Twilight bit her lip and hoped. “Is that a yes or a no?” “Neither.” Discord sighed. ”Much as I hate to admit I can’t do something, at this point, adding more chaos magic to this lovely mess would be like trying to douse a bonfire with lamp oil.” “So this is it?” Twilight’s ears drooped as she took in the madness around them. A three-faced pyramid flitted past on butterfly wings, and a pregnant pause gave birth to an idea before its time. “Equestria is doomed to eternal chaos?” Discord crossed his arms, then placated them. “Oh, come now. 'Doomed' is such a strong word. I told you, nopony got hurt! And now that causality is little more than a casual suggestion, there’s no reason why ponies should even [i]feel[/i] pain, or anything worse." He shrugged. "Yes, it's going to take a little getting used to, but the same could be said of any change for the better. In the end, I'm sure you'll agree that this is preferable to the alternative.” Twilight gave him a half-lidded stare. “Can you at least give me my body back?” “Wheee!” The body in question flew by, its neck ending in a flat surface with the same coat as the rest of it. Tied around that neck was a pink balloon with a familiar face. “Hi, Twilight! Hi, Discord!” Discord waved. “Hello, Pinkie Pie!” He turned back to Twilight. “See? Pinkie’s having fun.” Twilight rolled her eyes. “Of course she is. She’s Pinkie Pie. I’m surprised she wasn’t the one who did this.” “As am I. After all, that’s [i]why[/i] I didn’t give her my powers for a day.” Twilight thought about this for a bit. “Assuming we can find her, would she be able to restore Equestria if she had your powers again?” Discord shrugged and grinned. “I have absolutely no idea. Isn’t that wonderful? Let’s go find her and find out.” With that, he tucked Twilight under his eagle talon and flapped off into the maelstrom, calling out, “Fluttershy? Where are you?”