“Twilight,” Spike called, walking down the stairs to the lab. “What’s that noise?” “Spike,” Twilight hissed. “Don’t mention it and it’ll go away. Trust me, you want it to go away.” “Twilight, it’s just a buzzing noise. What even causing it, anyway?” “I taught you better than that, Spike. Nothing is ever 'just' something. And in this case, that’s the sound of two demon lords talking about the best way to kill us.” Spike raised his eyebrow. “Really, Twilight? Demon lords? You’re the one who just last week was saying demons don’t exist.” “Yes, and two days ago I discovered I was wrong. Demons do exist, Spike, and they’re here to enslave us all.” “Uh huh, and where are these demons?” “Over there.” Twilight nodded to her left. “By the centrifuge.” “Twilight,” Spike said, looking where she had indicated. “There’s nothing there.” “Look through these,” she said, and handed him binoculars. “There’s nothing there but two bugs. Now this is getting really old, just turn off the noise and let me go back to sleep.” “Spike, those bugs ARE the demon lords,” she whispered furiously. “And you know this... how?” “I was moving some boxes around when I found a hidden compartment with a book inside,” she began. “There are a lot of those in this place,” Spike interjected. Twilight cleared her throat. “As I was saying, I read the book, because, well, who wouldn't?” “Me.” “Oh, hush. Turns out it was a book on necromancy. And I tried some one of the rituals.” “So that’s why the fire alarm system went off .” “Yes, exactly. Now, these demons came through the portal the ritual had opened and started attacking me. After I was able to hide, they just set down there and have been buzzing ever since.” “And you know for sure these are demons and not just scared bugs?” “Yes,” Twilight said with a serious expression.. “Couldn't we just, you know, banish them to Tartarus or something?” Spike said. “Isn't that what they did in the time of Starswirl?” “Huh. I hadn't thought of that. Yes, that would work. Wait a second, I don't know how.” “Well, what did Starswirl do when he banished monsters?” “He cast a spell that brought them to a new dimension, but you have to know the precise space-time coordinates to do that. We don’t even have a representation system for the fourth dimension, Starswirl had to go there to find out. And I've never been to Tartarus.” “Didn't someone once use fire to make some sort of connection between Equestria and Tartarus?” Spike asked. “Yes, that did happen once. But we would need flame in excess of 12,000 degrees Cantergrade to warp space-time like that.” “What about my Dragon Fire?” “Sorry, Spike. But your Dragon Fire is only 1,500 degrees Cantergrade” “Well, they don’t seem to be doing much harm. What if we just ignored them?” Twilight thought about it for a minute before responding. “Yeah, yeah we could.”