How frightening the world had seemed. When first I tried to hatch my friend, I feared my schooling found an end… How simply, silly had I dreamed? How silly, simple I had been – To think me ready; What'd it say, If I impressed Princess today, With tactless fluke – the scholar's sin? Was this the destiny I’d earned? It's quaint; and judging eyes abound – In silent vigil kept. I found My solace shattered, what they spurned And whispered, true. The grounded fears Found purchase in my trembling heart Still innocent. Yet hope, in part, Saw fit that I should hold back tears And strive against. A silent plea To Princess – aid, prepare, to share – (To hatchling, now to fledgling mare) To help with what was asked of me – Inveigle them to empathy; Is ignorance, unfettered, bliss? There were no books the likes of this; Yet years gone by had helped me see That tender youth knows simple truths. I fathomed, clear, behind their eyes: Those simple truths – those damning lies – What spurs the fears of helpless youths! I curbed my heart and trembled, cowed – When first I stepped into that room, From tow'ring teachers glaring doom. "Well, Miss Sparkle?" echoed loud, [hr] "Well, Miss Sparkle?" echoed loud, From tow'ring teachers glaring doom. When first I stepped into that room, I curbed my heart and trembled, cowed – What spurs the fears of helpless youths! Those simple truths – those damning lies – I fathomed, clear, behind their eyes: That tender youth knows simple truths. Yet years gone by had helped me see There were no books the likes of this; Is ignorance, unfettered, bliss? Inveigle them to empathy; To help with what was asked of me – (To hatchling, now to fledgling mare) To Princess – aid, prepare, to share – And strive against. A silent plea Saw fit that I should hold back tears Still innocent. Yet hope, in part, Found purchase in my trembling heart And whispered, true. The grounded fears My solace shattered, what they spurned In silent vigil kept. I found It's quaint; and judging eyes abound – Was this the destiny I’d earned? With tactless fluke – the scholar's sin? If I impressed Princess today, To think me ready; What'd it say, How silly, simple I had been – How simply, silly had I dreamed? I feared my schooling found an end… When first I tried to hatch my friend, How frightening the world had seemed.