The sun set on a day of soaring, napping, and practicing my new Wonderbolts moves. Orange and purple bathed Twilight's castle as I landed on the golden balcony with a clatter. The arched green stained-glass doors swung open. Probably the wind. I peered into the dusky hall past the purple drapes. "Twi?" I perked an ear. The breeze whistled, nothing more. "Fluttershy sent me." Yeah, [i]anything[/i] to avoid thinking about the Wonderbolt promotion exams on Monday. Nothing. Of course Twilight [i]would[/i] get a castle for two—no three ponies. I walked in, looked both ways into a really [i]long empty[/i] hall. My skin tingled for a moment and I heard a faint [i]whir-whir-whir[/i]. "Sheesh, Twilight. Enough room for books?" Orange, pink, and purple streamed through the skylight leaving clinging shadows. I shivered, then smiled. I [i]liked[/i] spooky. "Hey, Twilight?" The balcony doors slammed behind me. I jumped into the air, fur rising on my spine, hovering, staring at the doors. I kept smiling; nopony had seen me act uncool. I fluttered left toward the bend in the corridor, then landed, hoping to find stairs. The [i]clop-clop[/i] of my horseshoes echoed until I peered around the corner. Directly behind me, I heard the pop you'd hear opening a thermos. My shadow appeared before me. My ears swiveled back before I turned and— A brown door finished opening. I gasped, shielded my eyes with a wing, looking through feathers at— "Another secret room, like Starlight found!" I glanced furtively around, swishing my tail. No ponies. I smelled apples. "Awesooome." I crept forward, stuck my nose into a tiny purple and blue crystal room. Books. Shelves of books. "A library? Really? Boooooo." But… nice and warm. I stepped further in. A fire (wood not magic) crackled fragrantly in a cozy fireplace. Next to it stood an amazing sight. Was it? It was! Woven of fine cirrus to mold to the body of the most discerning pegasus, me, stood a Char and Ray Aims Cloud® chair. I trotted over, admiring the grey and white curving chillaxing cushions in the firelight. I glanced at the bookshelf behind. I blinked, tilted my head. [i]Wonderbolt History of— Aeronautical Principles—[/i] Flying books? Dozens of pegasus self-help titles. Ones on speed and stunt flying. Apples. I smelled apples. [i]Slam![/i] Again midair, I looked and gulped. The door had vanished. I darted to the blank wall, the corners of the ceiling, examined the bookcases. The room, lit only by the fire, was sealed but for hoof-sized vents. "Really [i]really[/i] spooky, Twilight," I said. Maybe it wasn't Twilight. The castle had made a secret room for Starlight. Had it made one for me? I nodded. Of course it had, I thought as I landed, because—I was awesome. And I liked spooky. And it was a "friendship" castle so how dangerous could it be? "Heh-heh," I said, nervously. I put a hoof to my mouth though nopony was there. And looked at the knotty pine table before me. On it sat a [i]gi[/i]normous stein of—yes! It was hot cider! Beside it sat a white china plate stacked with double fudge chocolate chocolate-chip cookies. And at the table's edge lay a yellow and black book. The title read [i]Aeronautics for Dummies[/i]. "Thank you, Twilight," I growled at the crystal walled room. The firelight flickered from a thousand facets back at me. Actually, I felt oddly okay with it. I looked at the fire, the awesome chair, the crunchy (Oh. So. [i]Wonderful[/i].) cookies, and the cider that steamed and smelled so good. Even the book looked— Maybe a little awesome, because, well… I was a bit of a dummy. [i]Don't tell anypony![/i] You tell anypony, I'll deny it. I pushed the table close to the cloud chair. I sipped the cider, closing my eyes in pure unadulterated completely involuntary ecstasy! It wasn't a Daring Doo, but— I wriggled myself into the snuggly grip of the chair, felt the fire warm my wings, and cracked the book. [center][i]A considerably long time later… [/i][/center] Spike said, "Rainbow Dash reading, [i]check![/i]" Cozy, laying on my back, legs crossed, I looked at the little green dragon in the doorway through narrowed eyes. He checked a parchment with a yellow pencil. Twilight, wings flared, asked, "What's the coefficient of drag?" I— I knew that! "The resistance of a pegasus through a fluid environment… like air! C sub d equals—" Starlight stepped forward. "My new [i]Twilight Zone[/i] study spell?" Spike said, "Check and check." I laughed. "Getting me to study? [i]Awesome![/i]"