It’s been a month. I’ve been here a month, and I don’t know if I want to. The first day was the hardest. I was out working in the field, trenching some line for a customer. I was out by the fenceline in one of the pastures when I felt something behind me, like how the ground shakes when a train runs past you. I’d barely started turning ‘round when something solid hit me in the back and bowled me over. When I came to, there a purple pony standing over me. My face was scraped to shit too. Lot of explanations that day. Lot of apologies too. More than a few promises. She’d a real roundabout way of explaining it, used a lot of terms that I wasn’t too familiar with. The gist of what I got was that, she, a Miss Princess Twilight Sparkle had performing an experiment of some sort. Small scale had proved promising, so she’d been pushing the envelope. Running low on material, she’d been forced to make some substitutions, the only problem being that I was produced instead of a large ‘harmonically coupled gem’. She did emphasize that something like this had never happened before, that she was very sorry for what she’d done, and that she’d be working to make things right. Gave me a very nice room her castle, . I told her no hard feelings, these things happen. Her assistant, a dragon who goes by Spike, helped me get situated. Only things were the clothes on my back, and the wallet in my pocket. He walked me around town, showed me the stores, told me who sold what. He helped me get a dopp kit together, most of the essentials packed into a nice bag, which I greatly appreciated. Even in just a day you get a little rough around the edges. For about a week I saw her around, working on something, but she didn’t tell me what it was and I didn’t want to ask. I’d see her most days during breakfast, and she’d tell me that she was making progress, but always a little light on the specifics. I’ve been taking this as bit of a vacation. I’ll head out in the morning, spend the day in town keeping busy. I’ve made a couple of friends, some nice local ponies. I help ‘em out, and they’re happy to have me as a friend. I will admit that I have pulled more than a few bushels of carrots for Miss Golden Harvest. Things to keep busy with. As nice as things’ve been, I don’t know if everything here is on the up and up. Yesterday morning, I’d picked up the bath math to go clean it, and I found some flat looking nail clippings under it. I don’t clip my nails, I’ve been chewing them down to the quick for most my life. So they weren’t mine. They weren’t the dragon’s, cause his are pretty pokey. And I know from all the mares that I talk to that ponies get theirs filed. This morning I’d asked Miss Twilight if there’d been anything on getting me home, and that I know she’d been busy what with all her royal duties ‘n such. She agreed that she’d been pretty busy, but said she was still working on getting me home. Didn’t say anything too specific ‘bout it, just that she was working on it. I didn’t ask her anything on it further, and told her that I’d been made some good friends in town that I was gonna head out and see, and she was pretty happy to hear about that. The day had been pretty easy. Dinky had gotten her head caught in a fence. Got it out. Walked around town a bit till the sun was coming down. I came in my room, ‘n sat down on my bed and got to thinking. I’m not exactly the master of my own fate here. I’ve got some suspicions that I’m not the first human who’s been living here. I’ve got half a mind to confront her ‘bout it, but what’s keeping my hand is that she said I was the first. And I’m pretty certain I know I’m not. If I don’t say anything, she won’t know. It might be better for me if I keep this under my hat. J’ess ignore it, maybe I go home. Maybe I don't.