Over Their Heads (Apple Farm) The Afraid I never knew I never knew I could feel this way about fruit That these new desires could suddenly take root To change me so that all I need now are apples But that's how it's gonna be I want to spend the rest of my life in these trees I used to always run away, but soon I’ll see My friends, and what they think when they find me And no pony knows that I'm Over their heads Over their heads With eight apples left on this fruit tree They’re on my mind They’re on my mind I know I’m strange And when Applejack sees me she will be enraged And what will the others think of my change? But I hope that someday we’ll all just get along But that's no regard Suck another dry, and then discard ‘Cuz now I am the monster of the apple farm Hanging above as I take apples to eat Now they all will know that I'm Over their heads Over their heads With eight apples left on this fruit tree They’re on my mind They’re on my mind Everyone knows that I'm Over their heads Over their heads With eight apples left on this fruit tree I’m on their minds I’m on their minds And suddenly all they care about is my past But who I used to be did not last I'm losing them, and it's effortless They lure me back for our final showdown I’m brought to the ground Never thought that they would want to take me down I won't change myself back till they stake me themselves And everyone wants to get Inside my head Inside my head With friends keeping me from the apples They’re on my mind They’re on my mind The only thing That’s on my mind And now I know I’m in Over my head They’re inside of my head They’re inside of my Everyone knows what is Inside my head Inside my head With eight seconds left, I’m out of time What’s on my mind? What’s on my mind? [hr] The band put down their instruments. “Fluttershy, what did we just play?” Rainbow Dash asked as she stared at her friend. “It was, um, a song I wrote.” “Yeah, I got that. But where did it come from? Why’s it so weird?” “Be nice, Rainbow,” Applejack said reproachfully. “It’s okay,” Fluttershy replied. “I know it’s a bit strange, but it just sort of came to me.” “Well, it did trigger our magical transformations,” Rarity added as she examined her lengthened hair, “so I think it’s perfectly fine.” “What about this ‘The Afraid’ bit?” Rainbow said as she held up her sheet music. “You girls aren’t trying to change the band’s name on me, are you?” “No, Rainbow, we’re not.” Sunset answered with an eye roll. “I’m sure Fluttershy just used a pseudonym because she felt a bit nervous about putting her name on it.” Fluttershy timidly nodded her head in agreement. “It sounds like the right name for a band that’s going to play that song to me!” Pinkie exclaimed. “But don’t worry, Dashie. We’ll always be the Rainbooms! Or maybe we could combine the two and become the ‘Afraid Rainbooms!’ Or maybe the ‘Afraidbooms.’ Or maybe—” “Anyway,” Rainbow interrupted, “we can keep the song if you girls want to. It will just take some getting used to. In the meantime, let’s finish up with ‘Awesome As I Wanna Be.’” “One, two, three, four!”