“Trixie wishes to be an alicorn Princess.” “Yes, Mis– Wait, what did you say?” the Jinn did a double take, an impressive feat for a cloud of blue smoke and lightning in the shape of a pony. Trixie rolled her eyes. “She wishes to be an alicorn Princess, is that a problem? Your said you could give her phenomenal cosmic power. Everything except life or love.” The Jinn ran a hoof down his face. “Yes, I did say all of that. I should also say no alicorns.” “What?” “Yeah...” it shrugged. “Sorry about that. No alicorns. Can’t do it.” Trixie scowled. “Are you saying that Trixie has walked a thousand miles, crossed burning sands and frozen seas, defeated monsters and uncovered buried treasures no pony has seen before for nothing?” “Well, not nothing. You still have three wishes, how about I give you a—” He snapped his hoof and a Ferrari appeared. “—brand new car!” “No, Trixie wants to speak to your manager.” The Jinn choked and the car vanished. “You what? Kid, I’m an all powerful Jinn. I’m offering you [i]almost[/i] your heart's desire, what is your problem?” She gave a dramatic toss of her head. “Trixie is not happy with your service, it is not performing as advertised.” “Urgh, you’re killing me, kid. Look, are you really going to make me drag my boss in? Can’t you just wish for more gold than you can eat?” Trixie merely arched a brow at it. “Great... Alright, don’t say I didn’t try to talk you out of it.” With another snap the form vanished, leaving Trixie alone in the decaying tomb. She wasn’t sure what species had built it, but she doubted that skulls were supposed to open like that. With a crack and boom a pair of smokey Jinn appeared, the blue and a new red form that shaped itself into that of a minotaur. “Right,” it snapped. “What’s this about? Quickly, I’ve got an oik in Arabia [i]freeing[/i] Jinn to deal with.” “The Great and Powerful Trixie has wished to be become an alicorn Princess, yet your idiotic subordinate can’t even manage that.” Trixie shot the blue Jinn a withering scowl. “See what I’m dealing with?” it snapped. “Okay, okay. So, Miss Trixie. I get it, you’re really married to whole alicorn thing. You want power, right?” Trixie nodded. “Righting wrong power? Maybe a little vengeance...” The cloud clapped its hands together. “Got it! Somebody showed you up. Well, I’ve got the perfect solution. How would you like to be the owner of—” He paused for effect, then pulled an amulet from his cloud. “—The Alicorn Amulet.” Trixie huffed. “It was insufficient last time.” “Oh...” The Jinn rubbed its chin. “Okay. Well, how about a forgotten branch of magic? I know some great stuff you can do with crystals–” “Pass. Trixie saw what happened to the last King of the Crystal Empire.” The Jinn scowled at her. “You are not making my job easy you know.” “Trixie fails to see how that is her problem.” Lightning rumbled deep in the Jinn’s form. “You are very lucky we can’t crush lamp holders, little mare. Still, I think I have something for you. The Dragon Lord is ancient and tired, we could give you a powerful dragon–” “Um, Boss, the dragons selected a new Lord six months ago.” “[smcaps]Confound this reality![/smcaps]” It roared, shaking dust from the ceiling. “Look, Miss Trixie,” it continued in a sullen rumble. “As much as it pains me to admit it, we can not make you an alicorn. Equestria is ruled by harmony—something Jinn care little for—and alicorns are the embodiment of this harmony. If you had a lot of friends and an abstract concept you felt attuned to we could work with that.” Trixie frowned. “Trixie has [i]a[/i] friend.” “Terrific. I’m sorry, it's stupid I know. If you’d wished for the moon anywhere else I could snap and make you its god, but that position has already been filled.” “Typical, Trixie should have known–” Trixie paused. A sly smile spread across her face. [hr] “And that is why Trixie now has wings,” the newly minted alicorn concluded. Twilight facehooved. “That’s great, Trixie. But what I wanted to know is why did you crash your moon into Luna’s?” She jabbed a hoof at the sky. Trixie’s smaller moon had torn a large rent in the silver orb and scattered debris across half the sky. “Ah... Well, it turns out moons are remarkably hard to steer.”