"It's an outrage! And I demand my rights be respected!" "You're not gonna let it go, are you?" "Why should I?" "Why [i]shouldn't[/i] you?" "Really, Penny? You're gonna stand there with you teeth in your mouth—" "We're chickens, Gwen. We don't [i]have[/i] teeth." "Don't change the subject! 'Cause I cannot believe you're actually saying I should forgive Harold!" "I'm [i]not[/i] saying that. I'm saying it doesn't do you any good to keep harping on it." "Harping? Penny, he tried to kill me!" "He's a fox. That's what foxes do." "No! I won't accept that!" "Always the crusader, aren't you?" "Well? What's wrong with that?" "Other than it getting your throat torn out, y'mean?" "That hardly ever happens to anybody!" "It only hasta happen once." "But it won't! Because we're living in a civilized society!" "A civilized— Gwen, we're scratching for bugs and worms in a farmyard! The roosters have exactly one thing on their tiny, pea-like minds, and the only halfway interesting folks who stop by are the foxes who want to kill us and eat us! I mean, if we're lucky, wunna those big featherless bastards'll come along with a bucket of corn for us, and if we're unlucky, it'll be an axe instead of a bucket! Civilization, this [i]isn't[/i]!" "Yeesh, Penny! Keep it down, will you?" "Why? So you won't be embarrassed in front of your carnivore friends?" "Who's the crusader now?" "Don't go there, Gwen." "I'm just saying—" "You're just saying you'll trust a wild animal who'd sooner tear your head off than look at you! [i]That's[/i] what you're just saying!" "Okay, now, Penny, let's unruffle our feathers and chill a little, shall we?" "It's just— You're so naive, Gwen! Always insisting on your rights!" "And what's wrong with that?" "We're chickens! We have exactly two rights! The right to eat and the right to die!" "We can lay eggs, too." "If I had eyebrows, Gwen, you would [i]so[/i] be getting one arched at you." "Whadda you want me to say, Penny? That it sucks being a chicken?" "No, I want to you face reality. Being a chicken neither sucks nor...whatever the opposite of sucks is." "Ummm, lemme think." "Forget it! The word doesn't matter because being a chicken isn't good or bad. It just [i]is[/i]. And the sooner you accept that, the better!" "'It just [i]is[/i]'? That doesn't make any sense." "Exactly. Reality doesn't make sense. It's just a place where everybody you're ever likely to meet wants to kill you and eat you." "Hmmph! Well, this reality of yours sounds like an awful place, and I'll have nothing to do with it!" "Gwen—" "I mean it, Penny! 'Cause, sure, maybe Harold's a fox and maybe he can't help trying to kill me. But it's also possible that he was having a bad day and gnashed his teeth and I overreacted and panicked and caught my foot on the top of the fence when I flew back into the farmyard!" "Excuse me?" "I'm just saying that's possible." "That's exactly what happened, isn't it?" "Maybe..." "So you're saying that all the shouting you did and the accusations and the— Gwen, I swear sometimes I could kill you, too!" "Then you [i]are[/i] saying I should forgive Harold." "I'm saying I need new friends. Has Harold got a brother?"