“Congratulations Twilight,” echoed an all too familiar and soothing voice. “I knew you could do it,” Princess Celestia said as she materialized seemingly from nothing. “Princess!” Twilight called out, trotting forward to embrace her mentor. “I-I don’t understand.” “You did something today that has never been done before,” Celestia replied. “Something even a great unicorn like Starswirl was unable to do because he did not understand friendship like you do. The lessons you’ve learned in Ponyville have taught you well.” Celestia’s smile only grew in size. “Now, you are ready.” “Ready for what?” Twilight asked, turning to face her mentor. Celestia led Twilight down a hall of starry light, images from her past playing everywhere. “It has been a wonder to watch you grow, from a simple filly to the great unicorn you are today,” Celestia said, her eyes full of pride. “All the things you’ve been through, all the ponies you have helped, and all lessons you have learned—all ways you have made me proud.” Twilight looked on at her mentor with an awe in her eyes. “It is time for a whole new life, and a new beginning,” Celestia said as she spread her wings, a light erupting from somewhere above. “It is time for you to fulfill your destiny.” At the princess’ words, a small orb of purple energy rose out of Twilight’s chest, floating in place for a few seconds before splitting into multiple smaller forms and enveloping her in a blinding lavender light. It was unlike anything Twilight had ever felt before in her life. When at last, the light faded, Twilight felt a new sensation, as well as unimaginable power. As she landed, all she could see was a bright white aura obscuring all except for Celestia. “Congratulations Twilight. You are now one step closer towards true ascensions.” Twilight almost missed those words. “[i]True ascension[/i]?” she asked, unsure of what to make of her mentor’s words. Celestia giggled. “Oh, forgive me, I should have been clearer,” she said, approaching her student with her ever nurturing twinkle still on her lips. “While you indeed took your first step into a greater world, there many things yet to learn before you are ready to join us among the stars.” Celestia motioned with her hooves at the uncountable number of lights above. “Many more journeys are to follow, and there is much left to experience. The world is not yet ready to end. ” Twilight’s eyes widened at her mentor’s words. “Princess!” Twilight cried out, locking eyes with her mentor. “W-what do you mean? The world’s going to end?” Celestia gently shook her head. “Not yet my child,” she replied in a soothing voice. “But like everything in this universe, it will eventually.” Twilight wasn’t quite convinced with her mentor’s words. “Princess, what’s going on!?” At this, Celestia sighed. Her smile lost some of its brightness as the princess’ eyes fell on her prized pupil. “What we perceive as reality may not always be the truth to things. There is much to the world,” she said, waving a hoof at all the still playing images in the void. Twilight’s ears dropped. “A-are saying that… everything I know is a… l-lie?” Celestia placed a hoof on her student’s chin. “Of course not, my dear student,” she cooed, her voice still as soothing as ever. “They are all you, and you exist. Therefore, nothing is fake!” “Everything is… me?” Twilight repeated. “Everything is ME!” she repeated even louder. Celestia nodded. “All things, living or otherwise, are you. You are Twilight Sparkle, yes. But you are also Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and even young Spike.” She embraced her student. “You were even Starswirl once. Everything that has lived and will live is you, and you are everything.” “B-b-but… why?” was all she could ask. “In time, you will know. In time, you will join my sister and me among the stars.” Celestia said, her voice and the starry void beginning to vanish. “PRINCESS!!” Twilight shouted as her very being became enveloped in the light. When Twilight next opened her eyes, she stood facing her closest friends. All happy to see her, all excited about her new life as an alicorn. Her friends closed the gap and embraced her, and she too instinctively embraced them back. All the while, she wanted nothing more than to tell them the truth. But she couldn’t bring herself to. All she could do was keep the embrace going.