Celestia beamed as the sunlight streamed in through the window. “Is that good, daddy?” Celestia’s father smiled down at the filly. “That was very good.” He leaned forward to pat her on the head. “You did great.” “You told me they didn’t believe I could do it,” Celestia said, glancing at her father’s friends. “Heh, yeah. But now there’s no doubting you can raise the Sun.” Her father winked. “Why don’t you go play with your sister? I bet she’s awake now.” “Pfft. Like she went to sleep last night.” Celestia grinned anyway. “You going to talk about adult things?” “We’re going to talk about adult things,” her father confirmed, nodding his head. “Okay!” Celestia trotted back out of the room, her horn glowing as she closed the door behind her. “So,” Celestia’s father said as he returned to his seat on the sofa. “What’d you think?” “I think you just doomed us all.” “Oh come on, don’t be like that. We don’t [i]know[/i] if—” “Don’t be cute with me, Tom!” Phillip said, waving his finger at Celestia’s father. “We’ve all seen the show. There aren’t any human. It was really cute when you made her and Luna, but the buried tire theory is looking way too plausible right now.” “Buried tire?” Oz asked, leaning forward. “Sorry, I’m not up with the lingo of you old folks.” “It’s the name of a theory from the show,” Ellie said as she reached down to take another sip from her coffee mug. “The show being that pony thing that you named them after, right?” “My Little Pony, yes,” Tom said, nodding his head. “Ah, that’s better.” Ellie set down her mug on the coffee table. “The animators put an old car tire buried in the dirt in one of the episodes as a joke. Some of the fans took it as a sign that it was canon that Equestria was really a post-apocalyptic Earth.” Tom smiled. “Well, the names of the cities were all puns based on real-world names. And you know how much Celestia and Luna like puns.” He sighed. “I can’t believe it took until season six for them to make a Celestia episode.” “Look, that’s beside the point.” Phillip waved his hand towards the window. “You created Luna and Celestia. She actually got her cutie mark from raising the Sun. Luna will probably get hers for raising the Moon.” “Well, it might be from dreamwalking,” Tom said mildly. “It doesn’t matter!” Phillip smacked his fist into the leather arm of the sofa. “What’s next, making Discord?” Tom looked away. “Really?” Ellie asked, staring. “Well, I haven’t finished him yet…” “Don’t.” Phillip shook his head. “Really, what I should do is go in there with a gun and— “You can’t!” Ellie said, standing up. “She didn’t do anything wrong!” Oz stood up as well, standing behind Phillip. “Come on, man. What the hell are you thinking? You’re freaking out over—” Phillip whirled around and pointed towards the door Celestia had vanished through. “They’re going to kill everyone! Or something is.” “You don’t know that. He just made them after some characters on a TV show. Doesn’t mean they’re going to end the world.” “We shouldn’t take that chance,” Phillip said, grinding his teeth. Tom shook his head from his seat on the couch. “What if going after them is what dooms us all? You can’t do anything. Think about it.” “I am thinking about it!” Phillip shouted. “They’ll hear you,” Ellie said, her voice only slightly lower than Phillip’s. Tom finally rose and put his hand on Phillip’s shoulder. “You aren’t going to hurt them, and you know it. Think about it. You don’t know anything, and even if you did, you wouldn’t know if it was just making things worse.” Phillip’s shoulders slumped. “See? Let’s just sit down and—” “I’m going home. Going to call… going to call someone.” “And tell them what?” “That I love them,” Phillip said as he strode towards the front door. Tom shook his head. “You don’t have to go. You don’t know that—” “I do know.” Phillip pulled his sweatshirt off the coat rack. “Just let him go,” Oz said, shaking his head. “It’s his funeral.” “No,” Phillip said as he pulled open the front door, “It’s everyone’s.”