There once was a small filly who lived on a hill. She carried water all day, not a drop did she spill. But sadly for her, she did know what was best When it came to disease, carried by mosquito pest. It was that fateful morn while she toiled in the mud, And bite down on her flank to suck her precious blood. Now I know, dear reader, you might at this time ask "How as it muddy? A hill? And water, her task?" Stop asking questions unimportant to the tale The mare smacked the insect and crushed it to bits "HEY! That didn't rhyme! You're breaking the meter!" Twilight Sparkle pushed the book shut, climbing atop the great tome to glare at her mother. "Poems are supposed to rhyme!" Twilight Velvet chuckled at her daughter. "I know, my tiny twinkle-star. However, I fear our dear Contrary Word was never one to conform to expectation. Then again, you might not enjoy the rest of the story." Twilight scrunched her face up. "Why is that?" "Well," said her mother, "The filly contracts a terrible illness and dies, and the story ends, and the moral is that you shouldn't bother authors while they are writing or they will kill off your favorite characters." Twilight's eyes went wide! "She dies? Just like that?" Her poor little juvenile lip quivered as unshed tears came to her eyes. Twilight Velvet said nothing, only offered a grave nod as her response, which caused her daughter to burst into tears! "That's! Not! FAAAIIIIRRR!" wailed poor, disconsolate Twilight Sparkle. "That doesn't c-c-conform to any sort of basic literary structure! The poem is already destroyed! The filly isn't misbehaving or ignoring her parents or or or or anything that matters like that! It j-just happens?!" She broke down into wordless blubbering, unable to articulate the depths of her despair over such a horrible crime against basic writing conventions. "I know," her mother said sympathetically. "Any author who would do such a thing is probably a terrible pony. Certainly, Contrary Word was. There's not much left of her but her books, on account of the attempted assassination of Princess Celestia." "SHE TRIED TO KILL THE PRINCESS?!" Twilight managed to stop crying just long enough to articulate her world shattering around her. "Actually, she sort of did kill the Princess," Twilight Velvet said. "And all of Equestria was plunged into eternal darkness. You're freezing to death, Twilight Sparkle. This is just a hallucination as your brain shuts down from the cold." And then Twilight Sparkle was a popsicle.