Discord floated over another spoonful of Meadowbrook Potion. “I don’t mean to be a sour puss,” He started, snapping his talon. “But isn’t this the third year in a row that you catch Swamp Fever?” Out of the corner of her eye, Fluttershy saw a small creature pop into existence. It had a tail and paws of a cat, but had a body made out of a Grapefruit. She laughed. Why he didn’t pick out a lemon or an orange was beyond her. “There ya go.” Discord smiled. “Laughter is the best medicine, but still, you need to take the antidote.” Fluttershy coughed, releasing another flurry of bubbles. Discord clicked his tongue and summoned a needle. He popped every bubble within a second or two. Fluttershy grew a slightly nauseous from watching his speed. Whether it was the Swamp Fever, or just dizziness, she didn’t know. “You really need to stop going near that swamp.” Discord pointed to the spoonful of the green-tinged liquid. Fluttershy held her breath as she accepted the spoonful. Quickly, she swallowed it. She gagged at the lingering taste that was both sharp and old, like taking a bite of stale bread with mold in it. Why did potions always have to taste nasty? “I would, but―” Fluttershy winced as she felt her raw throat scratch together like sandpaper. “―Mr. Bear always wants to have a taste of Flash Bee honey during this time of year.” “Can’t you tell him that you will get sick if you go near that swamp again?” Discord glared at the spoon. The spoon shook in fear and raced towards Fluttershy. “I would, but he needs some food before hibernation,” Fluttershy said. “Without it, he’ll starve before winter is over.” Discord frowned. “I can always summon a jar of Flash Bee honey if you need it.” “That’s not the point,” Fluttershy said. “I need to go with him so he can learn to get food on his own.” She coughed again. Discord sighed and summoned a bug catching net. He glared at the bubbles, and the bubbles flew into the net. He snapped his talon, and the net disappeared, replaced by a spray bottle. As he spritzed the air and the nightstand next to her, he asked “This is the third time you went with him. Surely by now he can forage for food on his own?” He pulled a tissue out of the box next to her and shook it around until it transformed a paper towel. He wiped down the surface. Fluttershy shook her head. “What if I teach him? Discord asked. “It can’t be that hard!” “We all know what happened last you tried to help the canaries learn to fly.” Fluttershy warned. “I appreciate the offer though.” “Can’t I just snap the Swamp Fever you have out of existence? Maybe convince them to go on vacation? Go see the sights? Maybe snap a couple pictures at Canterlot Palace?” Discord tilted his head. A bunch of tiny suitcases appeared next to him. “Don’t.” Fluttershy said. “I don’t want them to find anypony else to infect.” “I’m running out of options here!” Discord snapped his talon again, a parchment with a quill appeared in midair. The quill ran a line through the sentence: Convince Fluttershy again to make the Fever take a hike. “I’m fine, Discord.” Fluttershy said. She coughed. “No, you’re not.” In response, Discord, popped another barrage of bubbles. “Look, Fluttershy, I know you want to look out for every creature, but there’s a point where it shouldn’t come at your expense.” “I’d rather be sick than to have any of my friends starve.” Fluttershy said. She laid a hood atop Discord’s paw. Discord paused whatever chore he was doing. His eyes widened as he turned to Fluttershy. She could see his Draconeequs cheeks burning with shade of red. “You’re giving me the best medicine,” Fluttershy said. “Laughter. You are kinda funny when you are flustered.” “Me? Funny?” Discord pointed to himself innocently “Mmhmm.” Fluttershy nodded. “That’s what I like about you.” “Hey!” Discord pointed to a section of her foreleg. “You're right! It’s working! A spot disappeared!” “Wow! You’re right!” Fluttershy examined her foreleg. Discord smiled. “How about this?” The parchment appeared again. On it, he scratched in: Make Fluttershy laugh “That sounds good!” Fluttershy sat up in her bed “What have you got?” Discord snapped his fingers and a brick wall with a stool appeared behind him. He took a seat. “Okay, Knock knock!”