"So what do you think of this little... gathering, Sir?" Fancy Pants looked on his right at the pony who had just spoken. Seeing the horn poking through the elegant black mask, he deduced she was a unicorn but that was all he could guess. Besides her mask, the mare was fully dressed in a stunning deep blue gown which covered her cutie mark. She wasn't the only one; in fact, everyone was also fully dressed and wearing a mask. "I must say I am a little... abashed ," he replied. "Abashed? How's that?" asked the mare with a slightly mocking tone. He pondered how to answer and looked around but found nothing that could provide a clue. However... "How could I explain?" he sighed. "Let's see... I've heard that our national heroes, the Element Bearers, would be joining us tonight but I have not been able to recognize even one of them. I expected them to be as notable as they were during the last Grand Galloping Gala, especially Miss Pie, but there wasn't any incident so far that could have helped me identify them." "So?" she giggled. "I'm sure they enjoy not being the center of attention for once. Unlike our dear Prince," she spat, nodding her head towards a stallion that couldn't be mistaken for anypony else, being the only one without a mask. "Ha! Prince Blueblood has never been able to resist a chance to be under the spotlight," he commented. "And I would have been surprised to see him act differently tonight. I understand him, in a way." "You must be the only one then," she said, tilting her head to one side. "After tonight, I won't be so sure. Without false modesty, and like many others here, I see myself as an important pony, the 'creme de la creme' as one of my good friend would say, so I'm used to be recognized and to recognize who I'm interacting with. Knowing who they are, what are their rank or their privileges helps me to know how I am supposed to act. Without all those bearings, I have to admit that I feel a bit... lost," he admitted with a smile. "So you should take this as an opportunity to act however you want. I believe that's what Princess Luna had in mind when she planned this soirée. Isn't that thrilling?" she asked, her eyes glistening with mischief. "You could act like a complete lout in front of one of the Princesses and never know it." "That would be uncouth. Moreover, I think it would require a few more drinks to not be able to recognize our beloved rulers. The fact they are way taller than anypony else may not help them to remain anonymous." "Don't you know they can shapeshift their appearance?" "I didn't know but I think I see where you're going. I suppose I just need some time to learn how I should behave." "Would a dance help you relax?" "I... don't know but I would be honored to be your partner," he genuinely replied. "Are you familiar with waltzing?" "I would be a substandard aristocrat if I wasn't." They walked to the dance area. The mare stood on two legs and waited fo Fancy Pants who followed soon, putting one of his foreleg behind her neck and the other on her waist. "And remember," she whispered to his ear, "you're nopony tonight." She grabbed and led him to a wild waltz. She was strong for a mare her size and he could only let himself be passive between her hooves and gaze at the her beautiful green eyes. Whoever was this mare, she was mesmerizing; he felt he could follow in her hoofsteps.