I cross through alternating light and shadow, cast by the still trees, as I approach the circle. My ears swivel, seeking, straining to hear a sound, any sound; nothing. Nature itself holds this place in reverence. Crossing the threshold, I feel the ground change from grass to lovingly cut stone. Like always, it sends a chill down my spine. But no tears, not anymore. In any case nopony wants to make a friend cry, so I’m sure they would forgive this omission. I turn at random towards one of the many entrances; I’m not going to insult any of those mares by classifying them, putting them in an arbitrary order. They were — are — all important to me, a part of who I am. Who I became. A smile touches my lips when I glimpse the first stone; if any of those mares believed in coincidence, surely it would be Pinkie Pie. The thought almost makes me giggle, as only the mare that was known as laughter could do. Though perhaps now she's best known as hope, for always seeing the best in any situation. I look lovingly at the words carved just below the three balloons: Laughter Springs Eternal. Those words, chosen by her in life, were also her last. Not all the words in the other stones were spoken last; not everypony had a pinkie sense. Of course, I know which is which, but I will never tell anypony. I want to stay more time with her — more time with each of them — but time is short. I sniff the wind, letting it guide me. The next stone, appropriately enough, has a cloud and a bolt of lightning carved. The mare that was faster than the wind, a hero both as a wonderbolt and as a bearer of harmony, famous across all equestria. But, despite this, Rainbow Dash was always the first to arrive whenever a friend needed help, no matter how humble the friend. Her loyalty had to be earned, but after that you could count on her to face anything. I touch the inscription; Fast at Your Side. Indeed, in more ways than one, old friend. Following a tumbling leaf I arrive at the next stone, the one adorned with three butterflies. The gentlest of the mares, and in a way the strongest; where the others would defeat an opponent, Fluttershy would turn enemy into friend. I feel my cheeks moist, and look for rain I know isn’t there. I leave without looking at the inscription. I never needed to, and never could; I lied to myself every time I promised no more tears. How could I not? She was looking into my eyes when she said, “There is kindness in your heart.” I almost stumble into the next stone, the one with three gems. The inscription in this stone feels different, engraved by dragon claw as it was: Receive What I Have to Offer. The same phrase welcomes anypony in need at hospitals and shelters across Equestria; of course, not Rarity’s idea, as she would never ask for recognition. I don’t miss her as much as the others; Spike, who inherited her generous nature, helps fill the void. Even then, my heart is weary when I sight the stone with three apples. Applejack. It took her announcing that I was a friend to her little group for me to truly believe it. I sure gave her reason to regret it, with all my white lies and erratic behavior, but she never wavered; “Eeyup, I’m stubborn,” she would say if she was here. She even joked about having that engraved; I’m thankful she went instead with Believe in Your Friends. “It’s time.” With a glance I beg for a few more moments, and Luna acquiesces; she knows how important this is to me. I finally lay my gaze at the stone with six stars. I also lie to myself every time I say they are as important to me; Twilight always came first. She is, after all, the mare that did the impossible, turning a spirit of chaos into a spirit of harmony. I’m eternally grateful for that, even if it left my powers greatly diminished; funny how it’s always the bad guys that keep their power. “Friendship is Magic,” I whisper, reading the inscription; my mantra in those troubled times. I turn back to Luna, my gaze avoiding the sun that shares her flank, and leave to save the word again.