Yo-Yo Spinners looked out over Manehatten from the roof of the second tallest building in the city. A faint glow of orange highlighted the star-studded sky, making the night appear like a sunset from a greeting card. To his left sat his friend and partner, High Rise. They had met a few years earlier and started the Yo-Yo and Rise Emporium of Candy, Toys and Military Munitions. Admittedly the last one wasn't one of their smarter ideas. High Rise was currently curled into a fetal position, crying and mumbling about fate and how destiny hated him. Yo-Yo thought Rise could do with some cheering up so turned to his friend. “Lovely night sky, don't cha think?” he said to his roof-mate. Yo-Yo stepped back as Rise stood up and began glaring at him. “Please, tell me what is so [i]pretty[/i]. Is the the stars? How about the city? Or, I don't know, the glowing ball of fire and death encompassing this building and trapping us on the roof?” “Well, it does kinda make it look like a sunset.” “How can you think about the sky in a situation like this? WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!!?!” Yo-Yo rushed over and grabbed ahold of his friend. “Calm down colt, get ahold of yourself,” adding a slap for good measure. Rise stood wide-eyed for a bit, a hoof holding the cheek that was hit. He turned towards Yo-Yo. “You're right. I can’t panic at a moment like this.” “Right? That’s my partner.” “If I panic, I won't have time to [i]beat you senseless[/i],” Rise jumped at Yo-Yo and tackled him to the ground. “This is all your fault. I said it was a bad idea to add munitions, but [i]no[/i], you said it would be fine. You said it would put our names on build boards across Equestria. 'Yo-Yo and Rise' on all the street corners. I should have never listened to you!” “Well, when you put it that way it sounds bad.” “[b]ARRRGHHH[/b]!!!” “AGK, ok man get off. I get it, ok. It’s my fault that we added that branch. It’s my fault we won't get our names on build boards across Equestria, and it’s my fault we are stuck on the roof waiting for the building to collapse and kill us. It’s my fault and I’m sorry.” Both of them lay there a moment to catch their breaths. They sat there in awkward silence, until Rise just starts to chuckle. Yo-Yo looks confusedly over at him, and soon finds himself joining in. They both roll on the roof, with death mere floor below them, laughing like they had just heard the funniest joke in the world. After what seemed like hours, their laughter dies down to slight chuckles and then to just two friends smiling at nothing at all. “I'm sorry too, Yo-Yo.” Yo-Yo turned his head, “For what?” “I've lied to you all these years. I was so desperate for someone to help me start my business, and after so many attempts, I just changed it.” “I don't follow, changed what?” “My name isn't High Rise, it’s High Low. Appropriate, huh? Reach a high point and life just has to bring me low again. Sorry I got you caught up in all of this.” Yo-Yo lay still for a moment, then quickly jumped to his hooves. “Nope, I don't believe it.” “It’s the truth Yo, I’m sorry.” “Not that. I don't believe that life has fated you and me to beaten like this. This is our lives, and fate can go buck itself if it thinks it can break us.” Rise looked over at his friend, a smile spread across his face, “Yeah, buck destiny, buck fate, and buck having to hide my name. I am High Low and we'll make sure the world never forgets it.” “That’s the spirit,” said Yo-Yo, pulling his friend into a hug. “Well, I feel better, but we are still stuck on the roof about to die.” “Oh yeah.” “Hello up there. This is the Manehatten Fire Department. We have set up a landing pad, so you’re going to have to jump since we can't get to you.” High and Yo-Yo look over the edge and see an X marking the landing pad. “For Yo-Yo and Rise Emporiums?” High reached out his hoof. Yo-Yo took it, “Nope, for Yo and Lows Emporium.” High Low looked at him, then smiled. “Yeah, Yo and Lows. I like the sound of that.” They stepped forward.