“What are you doing here?” Fancypants has had a long afternoon, being the beloved face of elegance and esteem in Canterlot. Everywhere he went, he was swarmed by one too many admirers. They were all faces to him, all craving to be seen, to be recognized by name. Few had the privilege. Fewer deserve it. When he finally got home, all he wanted was a good night’s sleep. Instead, she was there, standing in the middle of his living room. A face he'd recognize anywhere. Before he could do anything, she pounced upon him, pinning him against the wall. She hissed, saliva dripping onto his suit. Her green eyes were seething, her fangs bared. Her tongue slobbered over his cheek, her arid pants loud and clear. In the face of that, Fancypants remained calm, until finally, she spoke. “[i]Sssss.... sssssstarving…[/i]” He frowned. “Anyone saw you come in?” She fervently shook her head. He sighed before pushing her off. “Go upstairs and wait,” he instructed as he undid his tie. She whined, to which he smiled. “Don’t worry. I’ll be with you soon.” [hr] She always liked it rough. She needed it rough. He would be aching in the morning, but everything else that came after was rewarding. She was a particularly tranquil soul in her afterglow. Sometimes, she would giggle beneath his touch. Sometimes, she would even purr under his tender caresses as he would chuckle under hers. Sometimes, she wouldn’t. “Fancy, do you have a camera I could use?” Fancypants glanced up from the book between his hooves to the changeling sitting by his bedside. With his magic, he poured himself another glass of liquor, only to set it aside on his nightstand. “Anything I should be worried about?” “No,” she spat before taking a gulp from her glass. “Nothing.” “Good,” he remarked, nodding. “Was worried you were about to do something foolish.” “It’s nothing I’ve never done before.” “Okay.” Fancypants returned to his book. “Fancy, do you have a camera or not?” He sighed. “You know, you should walk around town, get a new hobby here and there—” “And let these thieving ponies get away with what they did? As if.” “Last I remembered, you were the one who invaded us,” he reminded, earning a glare. “You wished for power.” “I needed love.” “You had me. All this time.” “I needed more.” “And in the end, you’ve lost everything. Was it worth it, Fleur?” “Don’t call me that!” she growled. Fancypants merely furrowed his brows. “I’m Chrysalis, rightful queen of the Changelings, and I shall only be addressed as such.” “You’re always Fleur to me, you know that. Need I remind you, if I hadn’t taken you in, you would’ve starved to death.” He placed his book away and reached for his glass. “Even after knowing what you were, I let you stay. I let you feed off me. Seven years, Fleur.” He downed his drink. “And now, look at what you’re doing. Going around crusading.” She snorted. “Better that than being your trophy wife at snobbish parties.” “You could always try being more open to them.” She crossed her hooves. “It’s not like they would sate my hunger afterwards.” “I would’ve forbidden it anyway. Infidelity isn't my brew of choice, so to speak.” Fancypants poured himself another glass. “I have friends who’ve asked you where you’ve gone, Fleur. You have a place here, you just don’t believe it yet. Want some more?” She looked down at her empty glass, before bestowing it to him. “It’s not enough,” she muttered, watching the liquor rise. “Hmm?” “I can’t just feed on one source. I can kill you, Fancy.” “You wouldn't.” “I could’ve.” “But you didn’t. I’ve had worse mornings.” “Stop lying.” “I will if you stop running around.” “I’m not running around!" She slammed her glass down. "I’m trying to regain everything I had, everything I’ve lost! You can help me, you know! You, with your influence, with your power! Everyone here adores you! You could give it all to me, yet you wouldn’t!” “You’re right. I won’t. Not now. Not ever. Because you’re better than that.” Snarling, she downed her glass and stood up. “I’m leaving.” “Alright,” he acquiesced. “Oh, and Fleur?” She stopped in her tracks. “There’s a camera in the storeroom. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” Fleur turned to him, green eyes glistening, before stomping off. The silence that followed tempted Fancypants to reach for the bottle. “I’ll always be here if you need me.”