Allow me some time to reflect On this task that I failed to perfect, A performance review, just a quick thought or two on my actions to date: maybe five-out-of-eight, I’ll complain, since my odds weren’t the best It starts with a principal need: Each one of my subjects must feed On the love of a host, and we’ll follow the most, Such a wonderful treat, so delicious and sweet and a gastric delight to digest! We’d been living from meal to meal, After time, we had started to feel all our bellies go numb, and we’d slowly succumb to a ravenous plight and our vast appetite was exposed to the ultimate test With gripes from my minions galore, At last I could stand it no more, So I said: “Pack it in with your miserable din! If one more of you whines, well, then [i]nobody[/i] dines!” and those miscreants had to contest! I didn’t have time to delay, My minions were starving away, So I risked my own life, braving perilous strife, (And I don’t really see how those grubs deserve me) Among mothers, I’m likely the best Equestria was full of the stuff, All loving and friendship and fluff, An amorous hoard, a mush smorgasbord that could feed a whole hive, keep my minions alive and, for now, put our hunger to rest I had to tread lightly from there, The ponies remained unaware, But by raising their guard, they were making it hard, Yet I had to succeed; I had children to feed, and it all made me terribly stressed But luck favored me all the same, It gave me an edge I could claim: One stallion to ward against my hungry hoard, With a slip of his will, I could conquer them, still! And they’d bow at my sovereign behest! There lingered a hitch from the start: A princess had stolen his heart, The pair soon to marry, I’d have to be wary, Before they were wed, I must stand in her stead, And so snatch his heart from the rest To convince her I wasn’t a fraud, I put on my finest facade, A blue tail and mane, (such a terrible pain) Imitate her betrothed, (whom I honestly loathed) Yet, for my brood’s sake, I progressed In secret, I locked her below, so slyly that no one would know that I’d taken her place and had stolen her face, Now the prince was in reach, soon my subjects would breach through the wall I had grown to detest Now, I think it’s important to say that my spawn had done [i]nothing[/i] all day, They waited around, sniffing holes in the ground, While I slaved for their food, my impossible brood thought that [i]they[/i] were the ones overstressed! Were my progeny ready to fight? Well, they’d gotten to sleep overnight, Their resolve had been weak, their appearances meek, All those spineless ingrates were well-earning their fates For thinking themselves dispossessed Once, I thought I could go it alone, (a rash choice I no longer condone), Right before my mistake, I became wide awake, I’d be only a fool, without subjects to rule, or a harlequin sideshow at best When at last the Big Day had arrived, My children were gaunt and deprived, And I crooned: “Very soon, wait for Mama at noon,” Trusting them to join in and account for their sin knowing they’d likely feel hard-pressed At long last, I shed my veneer, And my beauty was stunningly clear, Ponies tried to resist, but were forced to desist, For my power had grown—even more than [i]I’d[/i] known! through the stallion whom I had possessed My minions descended in swarm, A cloud that could rival a storm, Their hum filled the air, filling hearts with despair, And I watched from above while they feasted on love, I’ll admit: I felt proud, and so blessed My plan was working just fine, The day was about to be mine! But the very last minute they started to win it, Don’t know what befell—it was going so well! But, with dignity, I acquiesced I’ve been among ponies too long now I’ve started dictating in song, This insufferable rhyme is just wasting my time, Better sod off to bed ‘fore it’s stuck in my head— Now begone, for your Queen needs her rest!