Celestial mechanics state That planets swing at steady rate Around their sun, but there’s a flaw, Quite rare, but present in the law. A chance of one in trillions may Distort dimensions, lead astray A faithful globe ere orbit’s done, And switch its path to [i]the wrong sun.[/i] It’s not a cataclysm dire. No earthquakes, tidal waves or fire, The stars in heaven seem unchanged Although the world has been estranged. It spins about as once it did, Before from proper course it slid. But life’s no longer quite as [i]fun[/i] When you now orbit the wrong sun. The clouds now cluster in the sky To hide false light from errant eye. The richest reds and deepest blues Have taken bland and ochre hues, While certain shades of color green Are frankly no more to be seen. The golden light has gotten dun, When shone on us from the wrong sun. And now your morning cup of tea, Which once was sweet and lemony Now hints at grass and gasoline. The butter has a silver sheen, And your fresh eggs, however fried, Shall never show their sunny side. The rudest travesties are spun, When we’ve been caught by the wrong sun. While outside, birds may be observed To fly in paths no longer curved, But bent at fifty-five degrees, While every leaf on all the trees Is thrumming with a constant hum That knocks the inchworms out of plumb. The bugs don’t know which way to run When we’re ensnared by the wrong sun. Across the land, the cities wait, For everyone is sorely late. The roads and sidewalks feel like glue, And are best forded by canoe, While network cables coil in knots To write out silly verse in spots. You’ll seek for reasons, there are none That you can find ‘neath the wrong sun. So let us rise together! Flee Our blackened eggs and grassy tea, With stoutened hearts and red blood true, Set nature right, and write anew, And sail our boats through concrete lots To reconnect our quantum dots, Til all together, we have won And made escape from the wrong sun.