“Twinkie? Really?” Roseluck asked before taking a bite of her sandwich. She was sitting across the table from Lily and Daisy at the Canter-By Cafè, and the conversation had once again drifted to gossip. “Yeah,” Daisy affirmed, leaning forward to grab a small helping of hay fries in her hoof before nibbling at them. “I think Twi Pie was one she threw out too, but it didn’t sound as cute. They were super cute together though.” “I mean, what else would you call them? PinkLight? Pinkie Sparkle?” Lily asked. “They really don’t roll off the tongue all that well.” “Exactly. You’ve gotta have a cute relationship name if you look cute together,” Daisy said, waving her hoof towards Lily and showering the mare with a few stray crumbs of hay fries. She gave a sheepish smile. “Sorry.” “I don’t know, they just never seemed like they would work together, you know?” Roseluck finally spoke up, having finished off the first half of her sandwich. “Like, I guess they were cute when they wore those matching hats ages ago. Anyway, I just don’t know if there’s good romance there.” Lily rolled her eyes. She put down her napkin, taking a hoofful of hay fries herself and scarfing them down. “Like you’d know anything about romance. You haven’t had a date in ages.” “I read more than enough books!” Roseluck shouted back, before realizing the eyes of the other patrons on their table. “I’m not going to get back into this argument again, at least not here. I’m just saying it takes more than looking cute together to have a relationship, yeah?” Daisy shrugged. “It doesn’t hurt things. I mean, who would you rather they go with?” Roseluck had started to work on the other half of her sandwich, but quickly put it down. “[b]Obviously[/b], you’d put Twilight and Rarity together. Twilight came from Canterlot, and Rarity has been dying to get there since she was a filly. They’d bond over Twilight sharing stories about court intrigue or something and realize they share a bit of interest in it. Maybe Twilight starts reading about fashion to get more into Rarity’s interests and finds she likes i—” “That seems like a gold digger sort of thing, right? I mean, now that Twilight’s an actual Princess and all,” Lily interjected. “That just makes it all better,” Roseluck shot back. “They bonded before Twilight became a Princess and now Rarity got the ‘Prince’ she was always rambling about back in school.” Roseluck leaned back in her seat and crossed her forehooves, confident in her assertion. “Rarity always seemed cuter with Fluttershy, all those times they’re at the spa. They seem so close,” Daisy said with a twinkle in her eye as she looked up at a spot of clear sky above the three. “Oh, or Applejack! The rugged country cowpony and the budding socialite who wants to escape her simple origins. Rarity could try and make Applejack look like a ‘proper lady’.” “Ugh, that’s totally cliché,” Roseluck said, returning back to her sandwich. “Says the pony who hasn’t planted anything except roses for ten years,” Lily said under her breath. “I heard that, and also not getting into that argument again either.” Daisy looked up at the sky for a moment longer before glancing back and forth between her two friends, their teeth bared as they began to glare at one another. “Come on, girls, we’re just here to relax. Oh, Rose, what about Pinkie?” Roseluck broke her glare at Lily as she took a large bite of her sandwich. “I don’t know, Pinkie seems too high-energy for any one of them except Rainbow Dash. Maybe Cheese Sandwich? They’re like copies of each other.” “I’d ship it,” Daisy replied, sipping on her lemonade. “Or maybe even Applejack? They both like baking,” Roseluck added, finishing her thought. “I thought I heard they were related…” Daisy mumbled, though neither Lily or Roseluck seemed to mind or hear. Lily shook her head, “No way it’s Pinkie Dash [b]or[/b] Apple Pie. Dash [b]has[/b] to be with Applejack. Two ponies always fighting like that have some [i]tension[/i] they need to resolve.” “Is that your way of asking me out, Lily?” Roseluck asked, one eyebrow raised. Lily blushed and tossed a crumpled up napkin at Roseluck. “You wish.” The two broke their second stare-off after seconds, laughing. Daisy just looked back and forth between the two of them and giggled.