"Ugh, my head." Luna held a hoof to her temple as she rose up. There was a slow throbbing in her head. She stood still until it went away, but it lingered in the background. Luna walked forward, but stopped in her tracks. "What?" She looked around, slightly confused. There were no trees, no animals, no clouds. Nothing. Only a grey wasteland greeted her. "Where am I?" "Not in Canterlot, that's for sure," said a voice from behind her. Luna spun around, but there was nopony there. "Hello?" said Luna. "Is anypony there?" "Why, don't be silly. I'm here, of course." The voice came from behind Luna again, but no matter how many times she turned around, the voice always seemed like it was behind her. "Who are you?" Luna felt a tingle in her stomach. "Before I answer your question, you might want to stop spinning before you throw up." Luna obeyed, and held her mouth with a hoof. She waited until the nausea went away. "That's better," said the disembodied voice. "As for who am I, let's just say I'm you." "What? That's not possible." Luna gasped. "Of course it is. Look around you. There's nopony there right? Then who else would I be?" "But..." "Enough. You're just wasting time. For now, let's just say I'm you. Or rather, a part of you." "Okay, but then how did I get here?" Luna furrowed her eyebrows. "My oh my. You don't know?" It snickered. "Why, Celestia sent you here." "What? No! She wouldn't do that." "Now, now. It wasn't all her fault. I might have encouraged her a bit." Luna fell to her haunches. "How..." "Simple really. She used the elements of Harmony on you." "She wouldn't!" "But she did!" the voice said. "But how could she..." "Wondering how she could use all the elements if you were the keeper of three? That one's simple. You weren't. You lost the power when you transformed into Nightmare Moon." "Who?" "Sorry, guess I should back up." It cleared its throat. "You turned into Nightmare Moon when your jealousy was too great to bear. Instead of talking with Celestia like a normal mare would, you went a bit... power-hungry." A fragment of a memory, flashed through her mind. Luna remembered pain. Intense burning. Jealously. Why didn't other ponies love her? Why always Celestia? Why not her? "So you challenged her." "I wouldn't do that." Luna shook her head, trying to clear away the memories. An image of a midnight-blue beast, with long, elongated fangs and a long billowy mane appeared. Dark energy flowed around her body and crackling of lightning echoed in her ears. She jumped towards another white majestic creature, Celestia, and sunk its fangs into her neck. "No! I couldn't do that. I would never..." "But you did." Luna's breathing grew heavy. "No! I... I..." The creature stood over Celestia's fallen body. It reared its head back and cackled. "That can't be me!" “But it is.” Luna saw Celestia's form twitch. The creature's back was turned; Celestia had pulled out the elements. Luna saw tears flowing down Celestia's face. She mumbled something, then shot a beam of rainbow-colored light towards the creature. It screamed, and it turned into a ball of light. It flew into the air, and disappeared. Luna took off, galloping as fast as she could. She had lost all sense of direction. It didn't matter, she just had to get away. "You can run all you want. You won't find anything." "There has to be some way to get home," Luna said, her head darting back and forth across the horizon. "I have to make sure she's okay." "If there is, it's not going to be here." "But..." She had galloped for miles, finding nothing except the same barren wasteland. "Face it. You're stuck here. Both you and me." The realization struck Luna like a rock to the face. “Forever.” Luna came to a halt, pausing to catch her breath. “Unfortunately, your time is almost up.” Luna froze. “What do you mean by that?” “The Rainbow of Light restored you temporarily,” the voice said matter-of-factly. “No! It can’t end like this. I need to get back.” “Sorry. It’s too late.” Before Luna could do anything, a sharp pain tingled through her body. “Ahhhhhhh!” She felt her face lengthen, and her hooves burned. “No!” A cloudy haze covered her mind, and she slowly felt herself drift away. Her eyelids drooped and became heavy, until she closed them. “Sister…”