Starlight Glimmer paced the length of her room, her eyes unable to leave her bed as she struggled to find a solution to the problem that now threatened her entire world. “I think I can fix this.” “Fix what?” Trixie asked blearily, yawning and pushing her mane out of her face as she sat up on the bed. “This!” Starlight burst out, waving her hoof around the room. “This, this!” Trixie’s head dropped back down to the bed. “Trixie is going to go back to sleep until you make sense,” she mumbled, pulling the sheets tighter around her. Fighting to control her rising panic, Starlight took a deep breath. “Do you remember what happened last night?” “Trixie mostly remembers having too many mugs of cider,” she said, not even bothering to open her eyes. “So, she would appreciate it if you brought the volume down just a little bit.” “We… I... “ Starlight stammered, taking up pacing again. Her memories might have been a little fuzzy, but there were a few things she remembered very, very clearly about last night. Her heart pounded in her chest as she stared at the unicorn in her bed. One of Trixie’s eyes cracked open. “Trixie remembers the cider, the fireworks, all her smoke bombs accidentally going off, the pink one throwing her alligator in the punch...” she started, but trailed off as she dug her muzzle into the pillow to cover her yawn. “Anything else?” Trixie mumbled something into the pillow. “Trixie!” Trixie pulled her face out of the pillow. “Trixie is too sleepy. Give her a hint.” “Look around!” Groaning, Trixie opened her eyes and actually looked around the room, her eyes narrowing as the gears finally started to turn in her head. “This is…” “My room, Trixie.” The room fell silent as Trixie digested that. “We left the pink one’s ‘Now the Changelings Are Good Guys’ party way too late. You walked Trixie back to her wagon...” She trailed off again, her face reddening. “I kissed you.” Starlight gestured for Trixie to keep going, hoping that she remembered the next part: the one where Starlight brought her back here. Trixie sat up further, red becoming crimson. “Oh.” A relieved breath escaped from Starlight – along with her own blush. It might’ve been easier if Trixie hadn’t remembered, but that idea just set her even more on edge. “Yeah. But don’t worry. I really think I can fix this. I just need Twilight to let me visit the Canterlot Royal Library.” “What?” Starlight beamed. “I can use one of the time spells from the Starswirl the Bearded Wing to go back in time and stop this from happening. Or, if that doesn’t work, I’m sure I could find what I need to make a memory wiping spell that would…” Her smile faded as she watched her friend’s face scrunch up, tears filling her eyes. “Trixie?” “Trixie is sorry that this,” Trixie managed, waving her hoof around the room, “Is [i]so[/i] terrible you would use time magic to stop it from happening!” Starlight’s breath caught in her throat. “What? That’s—” “Why do you think Trixie kissed you, Glim? Why do you think Trixie–” she sniffled and shook her head. “I like you! A lot! More than I have ever liked anypony!” “Trixie, it isn’t… I mean…” Starlight bit her lip, the words cutting straight through her. “I don’t want to undo it! I just… I’m afraid!” Trixie tried to wipe her tears away. “Why?” “Because I barely know how to have friends as it is. I keep messing things up. I do really stupid things sometimes.” She offered a lopsided smile, feeling the tears building in her eyes. “You’re my [i]best[/i] friend, Trixie. I just don’t want that to end.” To her surprise, Trixie booped her muzzle. “You know this doesn’t mean we stop being friends, right?” she asked, still sniffling. “But it changes things.” “It doesn’t have to.” Starlight hugged her friend, pressing her muzzle into Trixie’s neck. “What if I wanted it to?” “Trixie would be fine with that too.”