Flurry did not like school. Easily the most boring thing ever invented. Between being as smart as she was and Princess Twilight Sparkle's own niece, she could just breeze through everything anypony else had to "teach" her. So she could spend her lectures doing much more important things. Her notebook was not full of useless notes, but things befitting a princess. Her professors tried so hard too. At least they were cute—especially in pairs. They were all friends, so there was plenty of compatibility in personality. Even the colors of their coats went well together. Ponies underestimated how important that was. How could you be comfortable with a pony if you didn't look good standing next to them? And honesty was important because blah blah blah. She was starting to get pretty good at drawing. One more bow on Applejack's dress, and it was a perfect little wedding scene on her page. She smiled. When she looked up, Applejack was not smiling. She loomed over her with a stern expression. "That's enough. If you're not going to take me seriously, maybe it's time I find somepony who you will. And give me that." She snatched her notebook up, and carried it with her out of the room. Welp, she was getting detention. The bell rang, and her classmates all filed out. They weren't going to wait She stayed in her seat. If Applejack was going to the headmare as she almost certainly was, there was no point in trying to run. She simply sat and awaited her fate. Sure enough, she soon came back. But it wasn't with headmare Starlight. It was with a wicked grin and her mother. "Thank you, I'll talk with her," Cadance said. She walked in and closed the door behind her; Applejack waved as it shut. She sat down next to her, holding Flurry's notebook. "Mom!? What are you doing here?" Flurry gaped. "Unlucky for you, I happened to feel like visiting Ponyville today. Now, what is this?" She asked, flatly, with a hint of disappointment. "Uh, my notebook?" Sass worked with her professors, why not her mom. "You know what I mean," her mother hissed. She flipped it open. "This is a drawing of Applejack and Rarity getting married! Do you have any idea how inappropriate that is?" "Do you have any idea how litt—" "Applejack is [i]obviously[/i] meant to be with Fluttershy. I thought I raised you better than this." Flurry got along with her mother most of the time. But she could not let that stand. "She's cuter with Rarity, and besides, Fluttershy's taken." "She can have more than one special somepony!" Cadance was starting to raise her voice. Flurry stared her mother down. "She can, but do you think a traditional pony like Applejack is interested in that? Please." Cadance was standing again, wings flared. "Well [i]you're[/i] the crazy one if you think Rarity wants to be stuck on a farm for the rest of her life." "And I suppose you have a better idea?" "Twilight, obviously. It would be everything she ever wanted. And she would make Twily so happy." Flurry gagged. "Are you serious? You'd put Twilight with her when Rainbow Dash is around? You must be getting senile." "Everypony and their dog has put those two together. Sorry for trying to be original." Cadance rolled her eyes like she was the teenager. "It's a classic!..." [hr] Applejack stepped back from the door, trying to rub the soreness out of the ear that had been pressed against it. "I can't say that's what I had in mind when I ran into her ma. Don't really know [i]what[/i] to think about all that." Her other friends and a fair few students kept up the eavesdropping for a few moments more. Rarity turned and responded to her. "I agree; I was also hoping for more... chastisement. Though I am not terribly surprised, considering who those two are." Applejack nodded. She realized that the students were all staring at her and Rarity. "What're y'all looking at?" "You know, Applejack," Rarity said, "it occurs to me that our unruly little princess may have a few decent ideas. How would you like to get dinner sometime?" "Really, Rarity?" "Yes, of course. You're not a bad looking mare, you know." "I... guess—" There was a loud crash from inside the classroom. "I AM THE PRINCESS OF LOVE," Cadance screamed, "I THINK I KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS THAN YOU!"