Lyra Heartstrings twisted the jet ski's throttle with her forehoof and banked to port, barely dodging the last crossbow bolt. She was gaining on the motorboat in front of her, but the bad guys weren't making things easy. "You filthy bastards let go of my wife!" she shouted. The two earth ponies in the boat looked at one another and nodded. The pilot made a sharp starboard turn as the other dropped the crossbow and picked up Bon Bon's body, firmly bound and gagged. "The hell is that?" Lyra said when she saw the shiny attachment, and then her heart sank. The boat's anchor was tied to her bonds. The pony grinned and tossed her overboard. Bon Bon disappeared from sight instantly. "[i]NO![/i]" screamed Lyra. Without hesitation, she leaped off the ski, took a deep breath, and dove into the warm, tropical waters, aiming for Bon Bon's location. Lyra opened her eyes and was surprised to learn that saltwater doesn't sting. The water was crystal clear, and she spotted Bon Bon's sinking form. Her body was dropping fast, and she wasn't moving. It's because she's conserving oxygen, thought Lyra. She's not dead, she's smart. Lyra pinned everything onto that hope and kicked her legs harder, pushing herself toward the ocean floor. This was supposed to be a vacation, Lyra thought to herself. They weren't even on assignment when the robbery happened, but agents of S.M.I.L.E. are always on duty. She was beginning to rue having been pulled into this line of work by Bon Bon, a.k.a. Special Agent Sweetie Drops. But there isn't anywhere in Equestria she wouldn't follow her best friend, and today she was learning that 'anywhere' apparently included Davy Jones' Locker. Bon Bon's body hit the bottom of the bay, sending a cloud of silt upwards. Lyra struggled to go faster, but this meant she was running out of oxygen more quickly. She didn't see it as much of a choice. Her eardrums hurt badly from the pressure change. Lyra reached the sea floor and began propelling herself along the sandy bottom. Bon Bon was only a few meters away from her when the tangleweed caught her legs. She started to panic as the tangleweed wrapped around all four of her ankles, securing her in place. The more she pulled, the tighter the weed's grip became. Lyra looked over at her wife and saw that she still wasn't moving. She pulled with all her might, and only noticed the lack of oxygen when the crushing sensation gripped her barrel. Then, the unthinkable happened. Lyra inhaled seawater. This is the end, she thought. I'm sorry Bon Bon. She closed her eyes and her body hung limp, but then she heard... singing? "Shoo be doo, shoop shoop a doo..." came the underwater melody. Opening her eyes, she saw what looked like ponies with fins and seahorse tails approaching. Two of them grabbed Bon Bon's body, and another three pulled her free from the weeds. Lyra was somehow able to breathe the seawater. It was a miracle. The seaponies swam Lyra and Bon Bon into a cavern and slid them up onto a sandbar. Both ponies coughed up lungfuls of seawater and began to breathe normally. Without saying a word, the seaponies left. Lyra and Bon Bon hugged tight as could be before either of them spoke. "You made it," said Bon Bon. Despite the cold and clammy feeling, Lyra continued holding Bon Bon in the tight hug. "Thank Celestia," said Lyra, then she looked into Bon Bon's eyes, holding her shoulders with her forehooves. "Look, love. I know I said I would, but I just can't do this anymore," said Lyra. "This is the last straw. I want us to retire from S.M.I.L.E." Bon Bon nodded as Lyra finally relaxed her posture. "That won't be a problem," said Bon Bon. "I was so scared I'd lost you. I thought you were a goner, Sweetie! Right before the seaponies showed up, I thought [i]I[/i] had died," she admitted. Bon Bon smiled gently, but there was a sadness in her eyes. "You did," said Bon Bon.