“Citizens of Canterlot,” crowed Prince Blueblood over the ponies assembled in front of Canterlot Castle. “During their noon lunch, the Princesses have decided to take an *ahem* ‘beach day’ for the rest of the day. Until they return, [i]I[/i] am in charge.” [b]BONG![/b] The grand clock of Canterlot chimed out the hour over the din created by the mob of ponies in front of the castle. On a temporary stage presided a guillotine, with one bound prince and several other ponies beside it. The leader of a group is an earth pony, with a beigish coat that permanently looks dirty, and a dark brown mane and tail. “Rabble, is this really necessary?” asked Blueblood. “Can I call you Rabble?” “No.” The bulky earth pony wasted no more words on the snobbish prince, instead turning to the crowd. “Citizens of Equestria! Today, this stallion shall pay for his crimes against ponykind! Bring him to the guillotine!” “Wait! Aren’t you going to tell them my crimes Mr. Rouser? It’s standard at every beheading.” asked Blueblood. “Is it?” whispered Rabble to his aid, who merely shrugged. Rabble turned back to the bloodthirsty spectators. “The treasons committed by this rat are unforgivable! First and foremost, the insinuation that the Princesses would leave their post for any reason... “...and finally maliciously knocking over a poor, overworked maid. So now, time for the beheading!” Rabble cried to the cheers of the assembled ponies. “Aren’t you going to call witnesses for the crimes?” inquired Blueblood. “Witnesses? Do we need those?” Rabble muttered to his aide, who just shrugged again. “It was awful! I had just finished my schedule dusting in the third guest suite, and went back to my quarters for some much needed rest, when rounding the corner I was suddenly knocked over. When I looked up, he was there, and he simply raised his head and walked away! Not even a simple apology!” sobbed the mare in a maid’s apron on the stage. As his aides ushered the maid down to the crowd, Rabble faced the onlookers, took in a deep breath in, and- “I demand a lawyer!” Rabble turned to address his aide, who was already shrugging. “Why did I even hire you?” “What did you think of your third lecture of your freshman year criminal law class at Hoofvard Law?” probed Blueblood of his next prospective lawyer. “My class and, in particular, myself (who has carriage of this matter) found-” “That’s enough!” yelled Rabble. “Pick now or I will appoint a lawyer for you!” Back on stage, Rabble glared at the prince and his lawyer for several minutes, waiting for one of them to say something. Finally, he turned to the remaining crowd and- “I demand a trial by jury for my client!” “Fine! You, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, and you. You’re now the jury,” said Rabble, pointing out ponies in the crowd. “So I guess now we need to find a courtroom-” “[b]GUILTY[/b]” chorused the chosen ponies. “Oh thank Celestia,” groused the revolutionary leader. “Now, let’s get to the beheading!” “What about my party?” asked Blueblood. “Party?” questioned Rabble, facing Blueblood and cocking an eyebrow. “Yes, my execution party.” replied the prince. “What do you mean execution party?” “Turn around.” Turning back to the crowd, Rabble was shocked to see banners, streamers, balloons, and all the other trappings of a celebration adoring the courtyard. “Are you ready to rock, party ponies!” screamed a mare behind him. He looked back and saw a pink earth pony holding a mike dancing, while DJ PON3, if the logo on the DJ stand that was now onstage was to be believed, levitated a record onto the machine. “Oh come on!” “That’s it everypony! Have a good night!” shouted Pinkie as Vinyl packed up her equipment. “Finally,” muttered Rabble under his breath. “Ok everypony! It’s late, so let’s get this beheading done!” “What about my last meal?” “No!” Rabble snapped, whirling on Blueblood. “No more crimes and witnesses, no more lawyers and trials, no more parties and meals! It is time that I get to cut off your head!” he shrieked, spittle flying from his mouth into the prince’s face. “Are you sure about that my little pony?"