I don’t understand how I got into this situation. Okay, that’s a bit of a lie. I know exactly how I got in this situation, but still. It shouldn’t be totally my fault. I mean, I’m an alicorn now, and that section in the castle’s archives specifically said “Alicorn Private Archives.” I was just curious because I’d forgotten all about that section since the last time I saw it, when I was still studying under Princess Celestia. I mean, I couldn’t check it out then because I was short one pair of wings. My body tensed hearing the Princess’s voice boom across the passageways, “Twilight Sparkle! I know these archives like the back of my ungilded hoof. You may have lived in them, but I [b]built[/b] them! You will reveal yourself!” I’m far back in the archives now, the section that leads beneath the castle to the older tomes. I come here every couple weeks or so, normally to just gather a few of the copied collections. You can never have enough books for your own library you know. And now, I sit here trembling against the Agricultural section pressed up against...Ooo, BuckWheat’s Guide to Controlling the Earth Magic Within...I’ll have to grab th-Focus Twilight. Princess Celestia is gaining. I’m just lucky enough that when she’s gets like this her magic radiates like the sun. I just have to think, pacing in the same spot won’t do me much good. I’ve kept my personal light as dim as possible. I’m sorta glad she never installed the magic lamps down this far. With a light flap of my wings I peeked over the bookcase trying to get a glimpse of her magical aura. Phew, she’s a few sections down. That’s gives me some time to rest. I’ve been playing high stakes Hide-and-Seek with the Princess for the last thirty minutes. With a heavy sigh, I let my body relax and slide down the side of the shelves. “Something told me not to go in there.” “No, I told you,” A voice whispered into my ear, I didn’t get the chance to yelp before a dark hoof covered my mouth. My eyes darted over, thank goodness it was just Luna. “I told you if she placed it there with a lock you shouldn’t go in.” After moving her hoof from my mouth, I wanted to chastise her for giving me such a startle. Though from the look on her face she was enjoying all this, a bit too much for my liking. “It said alicorn. Al-i-corn.” I even ruffled my wings for added emphasis. “How was I supposed to know those pic-mmf.” I groaned around Luna’s hoof as it was quickly stuffed into my mouth. “Oh, no you don’t. I don’t want to know what was in my sister’s private archives.” She moved back before I was able to protest and sailed up into the air, seeming to vanish into the darkness. I’d think that was much cooler if the bright light rounding the corner didn’t send my body into panic mode. I turned to run but bumped into an even brighter light source, looking up to see Princess Celestia’s eyes boring into me. Wait...that’s not right. Chancing a glance behind me I saw a miniature sun floating around like a patrolling sentinel. That’s not fair. Though, I have to say that is a very interesting style of magic. Perhaps when I’m not being hunted she could show me the spell for it. Hearing Celestia clear her throat was more than enough to pull me back to my predicament. Her gaze was calmer than I expected, especially since looking directly at her right now was sure to cause eye damage without proper shielding. I wonder if--“You will tell me everything you saw in there Twilight.” Her voice is a lot cooler than her appearance gives off. “Well...you know. Just a few posters, some books. A couple magazines. I didn’t look around too much.” She’s glaring at me harder. It probably didn’t help that most of those magazines were in the back off that room past the film. “And?” She’s tapping her hoof now, I don’t know what else she wants from me. If she turns up the heat anymore these books are going to be ruined. I’ve got to think of something to calm her down. “A-and. A lot of those poses were very flattering for a mare your size.” There, a compliment outta...oh… Uh...Oh...