“It’s your funeral,” and with those words, and a flick of her mane, Octavia flounced away. Lyra just smiled softly, confident that she had everything under control. It was not easy to book a good venue for a concert. And, to jeopardize that position by allowing an amateur to be the opening act was unheard of. But, Lyra Heartstrings was sure in her decision. As a slight breeze caressed her pastel mane, she turned and headed to Rarity’s before the show started. “I’m so worried. I am not going to ruin your show am I?” “Don’t worry sweetie, you’ll do wonderfully.” Lyra flashed a winning smile at the younger pony before pushing her out onto the stage. The crowd roared with applause as the opening chords played. “Do you really think that she can do it?” “I know she can. I’m so glad you could make it, love.” “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” The cream colored pony nuzzled her companion gently. “Break a leg. But, you know, don’t actually break one, just do really well,” she mumbled as Lyra returned her affection. The pair turned to watch as the opening chords faded and the young mare took center stage and opened her mouth. The sweet cello melody was immediately replaced with her expressive vocals. Lyra was still unsure how anyone could turn a lullaby into such a rousing anthem but she couldn’t help swaying along with the rhythm. The crowd gave a standing ovation once the opening performance was over. A soft bundle of hooves and fur pounced onto Lyra as the curtain closed. “I did it! I did it!” “You were truly amazing Sweetie Bell! I am glad that I stood by my decision to have you open for me.” The two ponies spent a brief moment enveloped in an embrace, giggling with excitement. The cream colored mare broke them apart, her rose and navy mane falling over her eyes. “Okay, take it easy. You still have to go out there and perform.” Lyra replied by striking a pose on her hind legs. “I got this.” And, as promised, Lyra gave a flawless performance. She was making her way to her dressing room backstage when a hoof pulled her aside. “I guess it was not your funeral after all. I apologize; I should have trusted your judgment.” Octavia looked appropriately dismayed and was surprised as Lyra nudged her comfortingly. “I guess it wasn’t.”