“I demand to see Princess Celestia immediately!” Prince Blueblood stomped his goof, glowering. Count Bluewisp took a deep breath. “The Princess has requested that I speak on her behalf on matters related to… pray tell, what was it again?” “This is why simpletons like you should not be serving on my aunt's council.” Blueblood huffed. “To repeat myself, I demand that 50,000 bits be allocated for celebrations on my upcoming birthday.” He rolled his eyes. “My aunt” Blueblood always touted, as if to remind everyone that he was a prince. In truth, even Celestia had gotten tired of him. “Your request is...” Blueblood tapped his hoof. “It would be unwise to refuse-” “Denied!” Bluewisp almost cracked a grin, but he restrained himself. Blueblood's expression soured into a glare. [i]Here come the threats[/i]. “I'll have you removed from this council!” He simply stared ahead blankly, hoping that he'd just go away. There was nopony more infuriating or mentally trying in all of Canterlot – no, all of Equestria – than Blueblood. “What, nothing to say? Perhaps I'll pay a visit to your wife while you think of a response.” Bluewisp snapped, raising his hoof. Before he could process his action, his hoof connected with Blueblood's face. Silence reigned for several moments, until Blueblood put a hoof up to his face and spit. “I won't just have you removed from this council, I'll have your head removed from it's body!” He maintained his dour expression. Acting as if nothing happened, he said, “Are there any other matters you would like to bring to this council's attention?” Blueblood sniffed and greet his teeth. Glaring at him a moment longer, he turned around and pranced away. Leaning against the chamber door, he took several deep breaths. What did he just do? How was he going to explain this to Celestia? No, he wouldn't have to. Blueblood's threats were always empty. [hr] The sun hit his eyelids, reeling him out of the soft comfort of sleep. Sitting up in bed, he looked around his quarters. Blueblood hadn't killed him yet. He was probably safe. As soon as he finished dressing in his uniform, a series of knocks sounded from the door. [i]Must be Blueblood coming to kill me[/i]. It was an internal joke, but a part of him still feared his potential retribution. Opening the door, he was met with the guard captain, Highshoes, and a guard flanking him on each side. A scroll unraveled in his magical grasp. “I'm placing you under arrest for...” Bluewisp's heart skipped a beat. Highshoes broke out in laughter. “Should've seen the look on your face!” Bluewisp sighed in relief. “Hilarious like always, Highshoes. What do you need?” “Never seen ya so spooked. Done that joke a hundred times. Anyways, the Princess has requested your presence in the council chamber.” [i]The Princess wants to talk to me? Not good.[/i] [hr] Bluewisp drummed his hoof nervously on the table. “What did you need, Princess?” Celestia sat across, sipping her tea. “I'd like a report on the financial matters of the state.” So far, so good. “There have been no significant changes since we last met. However… Blueblood requested 50,000 bits for his birthday celebrations. I denied him.” He gulped, waiting for Celestia's answer. She set her tea down. “Of course. We cannot afford to throw away bits for random extravagances even if he is my nephew.” “Is that all, Princess?” “Yes. Thank you, my little pony. I must now attend court.” She floated her tea over to a waiting attendant, and left the council chamber. The attendant handed him his tea. Tea always calmed his nerves. He took a sip, a bitter taste hitting his tongue. The second sip granted him no pardon from it. [i]Bleh. Wait – doesn't cyanide taste like almonds? [/i]He spit the tea out and jumped up, breathing heavily. Moments passed, and he was still alive. False alarm. Blueblood's threats had him too worried. Now he was just being paranoid. He left the table and opened the council door. Outside stood Blueblood and Highshoes, surrounded by a group of guards. Another prank, probably. Blueblood turned towards him and jeered, “Look who it is!” Bluewisp resolved to ignore him, walking past. “Bluewisp!” Highshoes called, “You're under arrest by orders of Prince Blueblood!” “Yeah, good one, guys.” He continued to walk down the hall. “Well? Are you just gonna let him walk away?” Blueblood shouted. Highshoes shrugged. “I guess no one really takes you seriously, mate.”