"Princess?" Celestia groaned, shifting under her sheets, but didn't wake fully. A moment passed, and a tiny hoof poked Celestia's chest. "Princess Celestia?" The squeaky voice spoke a bit louder. Celestia's eyes fluttered open and were immediately met by a pair of tiny purple eyes staring back at her from about an inch away. Celestia just barely stopped herself from flinching back, as despite her hazy thoughts she still had the presence of mind to realize that might startle the filly trying to get her attention. Instead, Celestia yawned slightly, reaching out a wing to hug the filly close to her. "What is it, Twilight Sparkle?" Celestia asked gently. Twilight didn't respond for a moment. She fidgeted, burying her head in Celestia's chest fur. "I had that nightmare again." Twilight sniffled. "I was in my room and then I heard a knock but nopony was there and then I tried to find my mom but she was gone and you were gone and Spike was gone and everypony was gone and-" Celestia brushed Twilight's mane back out of her eyes, meeting the filly's shaky, teary gaze. "I'm right here Twilight. It was only a nightmare." Celestia said softly. "But it was so scary!" Twilight cried. "I felt so lonely, and I thought everypony just didn't want me anymore!" Twilight felt Celestia's embrace stiffen for a moment, but when Celestia sat up in bed her eyes were soft and filled with warmth. She gently picked Twilight up in her magical aura, setting the filly on her back and stepping to the floor. She opened the doors to her balcony and stepped out into the dark twilit air, shaking her wings lightly in preparation. "Hold on," Celestia said calmly, "I'd like to show you something." She felt Twilight hug her neck tightly, and with a small smile, Celestia stepped out into the open air. They fell for only a moment before Celestia's wings flared smoothly outwards, turning their descent into a slow, controlled arc. She beat her wings as gently as she could, using her magic to help her rise into the sky without jostling Twilight on her back. They spiraled up and up, melting into a thick bank of clouds. Celestia heard Twilight giggle as little silvery droplets swirled around them and landed on the filly's muzzle, and she rose even higher. With a final beat of her wings, they broke through the white blanket of clouds. A tiny gasp sounded just behind her ears, and Celestia couldn't help but grin. She glided across the top of the clouds, wisps of condensation curling out from her wake and off the tips of her wings, and gazed up at the sky. Full galaxies swirled above the two ponies, stretching across the sky in dancing arrays of color. Countless stars filled the spaces in-between and glittered with blinking colors that Twilight had never even imagined stars could have. The moon shone brilliantly within it all like a luminous dancer in the center stage. The sky didn't seem dark anymore but instead felt alive, breathing and singing and swirling with lights. Celestia glanced behind her to see Twilight leaning up against her neck, the filly's eyes wide and full of stars. Celestia glided, numb to the passing time as she shared the sky with her student. Eventually she settled down onto a patch of cloud facing east. Her horn glowed with a soft golden light, and another smile pulled at the corners of her lips as she heard Twilight gasp again. The glow of the sun peaked over the horizon, sending ribbons of red and gold across the sky. The stars and moon remained, shining brilliantly down through the sunrise, the night and day together. "My little pony," Celestia spoke softly, her eyes glued to the moon, "you'll never be truly alone. When these nightmares haunt you, I want you to remember this sight. These stars will always be there, even if you can't see them sometimes. The sun will always rise to greet you. In your memory this twilight can be the place where you remember all the love that surrounds you, and I promise to chase those nightmares away so they can never hurt you again." Twilight listened quietly. She hugged Celestia's trembling neck a bit tighter. The sun rose up further, its glow hiding every other light except for one last pale sphere. As Twilight watched, Celestia's magic pulled the moon slowly down the sky and out of sight.