If I were to be a beach, Then you’d be the waves of the sea, You come with smiles and a kiss, A gentle caress, then you’ll leave. If I were a tree in the country, You’d be a bird in the breeze, Together for a few moments, Then you fly away with ease. If I were one of your dresses, Would you wear me with pride and delight, Or would I be left forgotten, As the one that didn’t fit right. And so, I’ll keep my tears hidden, And curse a fate most unfair, How well I know it’s forbidden, For a dragon to love a mare. Not even the stars in the heavens, Not even the beauty of the moon, And may Luna forgive me, Because they can’t come close to you. Not even the sun shines as bright, As do your smile and your eyes, Oh, how those heavenly bodies, Wished you were a part of their skies. And so, my heart of pain ridden, The heaviest of burdens will bear, It also knows it’s forbidden, For a dragon to love a mare. I am the most selfish of beings, For wishing you were my own, But Rarity, know that I love you, Far more than you’ll ever know. In royalty is where you belong, With a handsome Prince at your side, A shining gem for Equestria, Your name to be known far and wide. And so, my tears flow unbidden, And I’ll rise to the heavens a prayer, I wish it wasn’t forbidden, For a dragon to love a mare. There’s nothing I wouldn’t abandon, For us to share our lives, But I can’t ignore the truth, Which pierces me deeper than knives. My heart cannot let you go, And thus it twists up in pain, And know that if you see me smiling, It’s just a lie and a feign. And how I wished my feelings didn’t, Ravage my soul without care, I curse that it must be forbidden, For a dragon to love a mare. I wish I could sweep you off you hooves, Like knights in tales of old, But I know better than dreaming, So forever my silence I’ll hold. Oh, Rarity I wish nothing more, Than bliss and joy for you, And know that your little Spike, Bids you a wistful adieu. My love for you shall stay hidden, Far more than a gem most rare, How well I know it’s forbidden, For a dragon to love a mare.