In a small but luxurious home in Canterlot, a very important message was posted on the door to a filly's bedroom. A sign written out in the the big block letters of a child's hornwriting clearly stated: [center][b]NO BOYS ALLOWED[/b][/center] Unfortunately, one little resident of the home hadn't quite mastered his reading skills yet. The small purple drakeling jumped up and down, foreclaws reaching for the handle – a technique he had begun practicing often recently – hoping to get inside. Spike's efforts were foiled when he was surrounded by a gentle golden glow and lifted up – [i]elation![/i] – and away – [i]misery![/i] – from his goal. He reached forward with both arms for the door, but was only rewarded by tumbling over in mid-air, coming face-to-face with the blue stallion that had picked him up. "Want mommy," Spike grumped. "Aww, c'mon, kiddo," the dragon's adoptive father said. "Your mom and Twilight are having [i]girl time[/i] together," Night Light scrunched up his face, "you don't want to be a part of [i]that[/i]." It may have been the wrong tack to try, as Spike (now-righted, and on his father's back) crossed his arms and frowned. "Want girl time," he declared. "How about some father-son boy time instead! We can go play with your forelegos, or your new [i]monster[/i] cart!" Night Light punctuated that with a low tone and menacing gesture. "No boys! Twi have girl time," Spike explained, "want girl time too." Night Light, ever the supportive parent, had no choice but to acquiesce. Truth be told, he had [i]no idea[/i] what his wife and daughter did on days like this. He supposed he would just have to wing it. If only he had been a pegasus... Wait, no, that was a [i]Dad[/i] joke. Those probably weren't suited for girl time. Making it out of the hallway and into the master bedroom, Night Light deposited his son onto his bed. "Alright, you little scamp, you win. You're just too cute for me to disagree with, so I suppose we can have some father-son..." It took a gulp to finish the thought. "[i]Girl time[/i]. You're just lucky Shining Armor isn't around to tease the two of us," he finished with a wink. Spike, for his part, simply applauded happily. "So what kind of girly thing do you want to do first? We could have a tea party," Night Light offered, levitating some teacups that had been left out on his dresser. Spike looked ponderous at the suggestion. "Maybe play with some dollies?" This prompted a frown. Night Light glanced around the room, looking for inspiration. Spike did the same – not quite as [i]intentionally[/i] – and it was he who struck gold first. Literally. The young dragon's gaze locked onto a beautiful, jewel-encrusted tiara belonging to his mother, set out on a jewelry stand. "Pretty," he stated, uselessly reaching towards it. "Oh-ho. Now there's an idea." Night Light hefted Spike up and carried him to the dresser. "Do you want to play dress-up?" he asked, plucking the tiara and placing it on his son's head. "Dressies! Pretty!" Spike cheered. [hr] "Night Light! I'm going to get started on dinner, do you know if Shining—" Twilight Velvet's voice abruptly stopped as she entered her bedroom. "Mommy!" an ambulant pile of gold and gems wrapped up in one of her shawls greeted her, dropping the ruby necklace that her husband was trying to wrestle out of its mouth. Her husband who was, for the record, wearing a rather fetching pink dress, striped socks, and had his mane brushed down and crimped. And, as of this second, sporting an [i]incredible[/i] blush. Velvet lifted up her child, carefully separating some of the looser pieces of jewelry and setting them aside. "And what exactly is going on here, my lovely family?" Night Light sputtered, trying to find a way to explain that didn't sound like something he would need to take his son to therapy for in ten years. "Well, uh, dear, you see... Spike was kind of... [i]jealous[/i] of you and Twilight, so..." "Girl time!" Spike helpfully clarified, waving around various bracelets. "Daddy pretty." He gave a sage nod. "Very good, Spike," Velvet said, giving her son a pat. "Your father [i]is[/i] very pretty like that." Night Light had thought his cheeks were flushed before. He was wrong. Twilight Velvet leaned in towards her husband and whispered, "How about after we get the tykes into bed tonight, we have some 'girl time' of our own?"