Minuette stretched like a cat across the lush grass of the park and grinned. It had been a tiring morning at work, but now she could finally enjoy an afternoon of staring at the cloudless sky above and eating lettuce sandwiches. The first sandwich was hovering just in front of her lips when the sound of sobbing filled the sun-tempered air. Looking across, she noticed a small filly sat alone on one of the park benches. Packing away her sandwiches in her saddlebag, Minuette trotted over. “Hi, I’m Minuette. What’s your name?” The filly rubbed her eyes and looked up. “Uh... Minstrel.” “Well hello, Minstrel. I don’t think the pegasi will appreciate you stealing their work and bringing the rain in early. You okay?” “[i]No[/i]. I’ve lost my friend.” “Your friend?” Minuette glanced about the busy park. “No problem. What do they look like?” Minstrel wiped a hoof across her muzzle and sniffed. “He’s little, and looks a bit like a crocodile with wings.” Minuette blinked. “[i]Oh![/i] An imaginary friend, huh?” “He’s called Cedric. We argued; he kept trying to talk to me and I ignored him. Now he’s... gone.” Minuette stifled a sigh. When imaginary friends disappeared it tended to be for good. She forced a smile when Minstrel looked up. “You got anyone who can help you look?” Minstrel’s eyes drifted to the ground. She scuffed a hoof. “Ah, don’t you worry.” Minuette patted her shoulder. “You’re talking to an expert in tracking imaginary friends. Come on; let’s head over and look in the play-park. That’s always a good place to find friends.” The play-park was a world of energy and noise. Minuette and Minstrel paused at the edge of it, watching colts and fillies dart and climb about on the glittering frames. Minuette pointed a hoof. “Shall we start with the sandpit?” Minstrel looked nervous. “Um... Sure.” “Great! But we don’t wanna startle them, so let’s sneak through the bushes. Be careful of snakes though, ‘kay?” They pushed through the dense undergrowth to the pit, where a sky blue filly was digging alone. Minuette leaned out of the bushes. “Psst! [i]Hey![/i]” “Huh?” The filly looked up. “We’re on a secret mission. Can you help?” “Who’s ‘we’?” Minuette looked down to find Minstrel hiding behind her. She stepped aside and pushed her forward. “This is Minstrel, and we’re trying to find her imaginary friend. But we have to be sneaky about it.” “Oh... imaginary friend huh?” The filly looked at Minstrel for a moment before smiling. “Hi! I’m Petunia. Golly, I like your mane.” “Um... thanks.” Minstrel shuffled her hooves. Minuette waited for a moment. “Soooo... you wanna help us?” Petunia beamed. “Sure! I [i]love[/i] looking for things. I mean, I don’t think imaginary friends exist much, but— Minuette gasped. “Don’t exist? Then who’s that right there?” With a frown, both fillies turned. A pair of eyes peered back at them from beneath a crumbling sandcastle. “[i]Quick[/i], get him!” Minuette roared, darting from the bushes. Moments later, she heard the fillies giggling as they followed behind. They dug holes for hours, but the creature had disappeared. Petunia climbed out of a deep hole. “I think he got away,” she said gloomily. “Sorry.” “It’s okay.” Minstrel’s frown was replaced with a hesitant smile. “Um... your digging was great, though. Thanks.” “You’re welcome! I had fun.” Petunia’s cheeks darkened. “I dig a lot back home—you know, in the forest or the garden. Sometimes under the sofa. My parents don’t like that though.” “For what?” “Everything! You find all kinds of amazing things underground. Ancient skulls, buried treasure.” Minstrel gasped. “That’s amazing.” “You think so?” Petunia beamed. “Um, do you want to come round and see my collection? I don’t get a chance to show it off much to ponies. I live nearby.” Minstrel nodded. “That sounds fun like fun. Do you... like singing?” Minuette watched them go before returning to her spot in the park. She brushed sand from her coat and unpacked her sandwich. It was squashed and limp, but it tasted great. “That was fun,” she said, looking down. “You move pretty fast for an old guy.” The creature beside her, a strange thing that resembled a furry snake with wings, grinned. “Like I’m a day older than you. Been stuck with you for ages—not that I’m complaining about still being here. “Heh, too right. Just be glad that I never really grew up.” Minuette pulled her gaze back to the park as she smiled. “[i]I[/i] certainly am.”