The curtains were on fire. Again. “T… twilight…” Called a rough voice. “I’m right here Spi… Ack!” The curtains were instantly snuffed out by a purple aura, a few wisps of smoke curling away from the ends. “Sorry, Twilight.” Spike mumbled, blowing his nose on a tissue. “S’not a problem, Spike.” Twilight yawned. She looked tired and frazzled, but her words were warm and caring. “Snot’s the [i]main[/i] problem if you ask me.” Spike groaned. He smiled slightly at the eyeroll that elicited from his caretaker. “Ha ha. You’re a riot, Spike.” Putting down the lunch tray she had been carrying, Twilight placed her hoof against Spike’s brow. “You still feel hot…” She muttered. “Twi, I’m a dragon. I’m [i]always[/i] hot.” He emphasized the point by flexing his spindly arms. “Now, if only Rarity could recognize that fact…” He sighed forlornly. Twilight was kind enough to hide her giggles behind her hoof before patting her pseudo-brother on the head. “There, there, Spike. I’m sure this will pass soon, and you’ll be back impressing Rarity in no time.” “I hope so.” He grumped, laying back down with a groan. “I [i]hate[/i] being sick! I can barely remember the last time I was this bad.” “I’m surprised you remember that at all. The last time you were this sick you were [i]really[/i] a baby dragon.” She replied, sitting by his bedside. “I remember enough. I remember being achy, stuffy, sniffly, sneezy, and exhausted.” He grumbled, grimacing at each symptom. “And I remember setting the curtains on fire. And my basket. And a sofa. And poor Nurse Flaming Heart…” He had the grace to look embarrassed at that memory. “Actually, you only set her [i]hat[/i] on fire. Though she still flinches whenever somepony sneezes…” Twilight added thoughtfully. “And you forgot about burning off part of Celestia’s tail…” Twilight had actually written one of her first scientific papers on that event. Who knew that dragon fire could singe a fifth dimensional astral/magical projection? “Gee, thanks for making me feel better.” Spike shot Twilight a dirty look, which quickly morphed into a smirk. “I also remember you getting suspended from the Library for two weeks. Something about mistreating books?” Twilight blushed heavily. “I was in a hurry to find information on dragon physiology, biology, and illnesses. In my rush I… may not have shown the books proper respect.” She admitted sheepishly. Spike raised a disbelieving eyebrow. “Somepony told me the library looked like a [i]tornado[/i] hit it.” “Yes, well, I was in a hurry.” She looked away, her ears and tail drooping. “And I was worried about you.” “Aw, Twilight. It’s just a cold. No big deal.” Spike waved a claw dismissively, only to be interrupted by a coughing fit. “Yeah, well, I didn’t know that then! Nopony did! There wasn’t a lot of information on dragons, and you were my responsibility, and… I was scared.” She admitted Spike squirmed a little, not really sure how to respond to that little confession. So he did the only thing that came to mind. He opened his arms wide for a hug. And immediately found himself being nuzzled and enfolded in soft purple wings. “Awww, enough with the mushy stuff Twilight… I’m not a baby anymore!” He mumbled into her mane after a few minutes, though he made no move to disengage. When she finally pulled back, the red on his cheeks wasn’t solely from his fever. “What would I do without my number on assistant?” Twilight asked, pinching his cheek. “I dunno. Go crazy and tear the library apart would be my guess.” He snarked back, weakly fending off her hoof. “Spike! You know I’ve gotten much better over the years! I don’t do stuff like that anymore.” She huffed. Spike just stared at her in disbelief. “Twilight, you [i]kidnapped[/i] the Dragon Lord and spent three hours grilling her on dragon diseases.” “Hey! I did not kidnap her! Ember was happy to help!” Twilight defended herself. Spike continued his deadpan stare. “Did she agree to help before or [i]after[/i] you teleported her halfway across Equestria?” “Hmph! Just rest and drink your soup Spike. Applejack made it especially for you.” Spike stared at the bowl. “Let me guess… It’s apple soup… Meaning hot apple juice with apple bits?” “Um, pretty much?” Twilight grinned weakly. “Apparently Granny Smith swears by it.” Spike shrugged and smiled. “Well then, lay it on me, Twi.” The soup may have warmed his stomach, but it was the company that warmed his heart.